which is better?

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
chandrashekhar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

which is better?

Post by chandrashekhar » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:00 pm

hello friends .........HAPPY NAVARATRI TO ALL OF YOU... :xmas:
i have a 21 inch barrel shaktiman sbbl and i want to use slug in it in shaktiman products (hollow point,solid,ball),which is better for me.I have less idea about ammunition so please help me...... :)

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Re: which is better?

Post by Mark » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:14 pm

chandrashekhar,

The short answer in my experience is to try the ball first in a smooth bore.

The longer answer is to say that guns are individuals like we all are, and you can really only tell by shooting both and seeing which one shoots better in -your- sbbl. Having said all that, most likely at ranges under 30 meters or so a person could probably not tell a difference anyway so just buy the cheaper ones!
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

chandrashekhar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by chandrashekhar » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:13 pm

Mark wrote:chandrashekhar,

The short answer in my experience is to try the ball first in a smooth bore.

The longer answer is to say that guns are individuals like we all are, and you can really only tell by shooting both and seeing which one shoots better in -your- sbbl. Having said all that, most likely at ranges under 30 meters or so a person could probably not tell a difference anyway so just buy the cheaper ones!
I will follow your suggestion sir.. :D & thank you for reply

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:35 pm

Chandershekar ji different types of slugs or some call it ball has different effects but deadliest of among is sperherical or fragementation slug. Just 2 yearsback Shakiman started manufacturing it the hollow point has stopping power.Another cartridge consists of smaller solid ball and 3 pellets a lethal combination but I feel the slug which is burst on hitting the target and start fragmentation is very very dangerous but Indian permit slug in my opinion even in danger to life the fragmentation slug must be avoided if one is having used as last resort in case hugh group attack or larger armed attack.
best of regard

chandrashekhar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by chandrashekhar » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:09 am

dsingh wrote:Chandershekar ji different types of slugs or some call it ball has different effects but deadliest of among is sperherical or fragementation slug. Just 2 yearsback Shakiman started manufacturing it the hollow point has stopping power.Another cartridge consists of smaller solid ball and 3 pellets a lethal combination but I feel the slug which is burst on hitting the target and start fragmentation is very very dangerous but Indian permit slug in my opinion even in danger to life the fragmentation slug must be avoided if one is having used as last resort in case hugh group attack or larger armed attack.
best of regard
got it sir .... thank you for your reply...... :D