Source for rings and mounts

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
hormese
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Source for rings and mounts

Post by hormese » Mon May 05, 2014 3:58 pm

Dear Brothers,

Can anyone shed some light on any web site or person in the country from whom i may source a mount and rings for my air rifle

Thanks! in advance

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Source for rings and mounts

Post by mundaire » Mon May 05, 2014 4:07 pm

You can order directly from overseas, as there is no restriction on import of rings/ bases/ mounts.

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon May 05, 2014 5:44 pm

hormese wrote:Dear Brothers,
Can anyone shed some light on any web site or person in the country from whom i may source a mount and rings for my air rifle
Thanks! in advance
Hi hormese,
> You better make sure what kind of a mount & rings you need for your AR...
> There are several to choose from - so better select the right one suitable for your air rifle & then order...
> Also if your scope has an 'Objective Lens" OD larger than 32mm - then go for a single piece mount so that it doesn't rest on the barrel thereby subject to getting any vibration transferred to it, as this could affect the settings....
> Here are a few suggestions....

All scopes need a way to connect to the gun. This is done by using a one or two piece scope mount that fit around the scope and are tightened onto a rail on top of the air-gun. I would recommend using a one piece mount for spring air rifles that have a lot of recoil. A one piece mount is sturdier and can withstand the intense recoil of some air rifles.
HIGH MOUNTS:
These rings work best with larger scopes because it allows them to sit higher on the gun, giving the large objective lens room to clear the stock and barrel. In most cases high mounts should be used for scopes with a 40mm objective or higher. Only use high mounts if you have a scope with a big objective. You should always try to mount the scope as low to the top of the rifle as possible as this will increase your accuracy.
MEDIUM MOUNTS:
These rings are slightly smaller than High rings and will work for most any air gun scope with an objective of 40mm or less.
ONE PIECE MOUNTS:
These mounts offer added stability to your scope as these mounts work best with spring-piston brake-barrel air-rifles. These mounts are a bit more expensive but many shooters feel that it is worth it because of the added stability which means better accuracy.
Now that you know the basics, here are some simple suggestions to help you choose a scope, if you do not have one.
Decide what type of shooting you are going to do. For target shooting, a fixed scope (4 x 32) will work just fine unless you want the ability to zoom close up to your target. If so, go with a variable scope, either a 2 x 7 or 3 x 9 or 4 x 12.
Good Luck
Briha

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Mon May 05, 2014 8:33 pm

hormese wrote:Dear Brothers,
Thanks! in advance
You can order direct from sites like pyramydair or Optics planet for original ones. good quality chinese ones you can order from Aliexpress or DX . com
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

hormese
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by hormese » Wed May 07, 2014 10:13 am

Thank U all

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri May 30, 2014 10:20 am

mundaire wrote:You can order directly from overseas, as there is no restriction on import of rings/ bases/ mounts.

Hi Abhijeet,

Is there any notification or something that regard that mounts are not restricted and how much is the duty etc? I ordered mounts for my Diana and now they are at postal customs.Got a notice from postal customs.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri May 30, 2014 10:31 am

IIRC the fact that minor parts are excluded from all provisions of the Arms Act is part of the GSR 991 notification from the 1960's - the same one which exempted airguns and laid out the deal wood test. To the best of my knowledge there is no separate notification mentioning individual items by name.

Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

TariqPathan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by TariqPathan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:09 pm

Bought mine on Amazon.com India. Delivered to me in 15 days. And cheap enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk