Magtech Ammo

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Magtech Ammo

Post by Vineet » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:38 pm

Saw these hollow point cartridges by Hornady with a dealer for sale.
IMG-20131213-WA0000.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

For Advertising mail webmaster
sw-of-gideon
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sw-of-gideon » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:16 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Hi mate,
Just thought of giving you some data.Watch the video on you tube.

Manufacturer: Seller & Bellot
Technical Information
Caliber: 32 ACP
Bullet Weight: 73 Grains
Bullet Style: Full Metal Jacket
Case Type: Brass
Ballistics Information:
Muzzle Velocity: 1043 fps
Muzzle Energy: 176 ft. lbs.

Manufacturer: Fiocchi
Technical Information
Caliber: 32 ACP (7.65 Browning)
Bullet Weight: 73 Grain
Bullet Style: Full Metal Jacket
Case Type: Brass
Ballistics Information:
Muzzle Velocity: 980 fps
Muzzle Energy: 155 ft. lbs.
Loaded to either C.I.P. or SAAMI specifications.

(IOF KF pistol 32 acp ammo is 71 grains)
1 grain =0.06479891 grams/2 grains=0.13 grams(difference between 71 gr and 73 gr is v. marginal)

With the Seller ammo you get a full 13 + inches of penetration with fairly good tumble of the bullet at regular intervals. With the Fiocchi probably it would be the same or marginally lesser maybe 13 inches. This test was done at 10 ft from the 10% gelatin (FBI standards for simulation for human tissue).

There is some information from Tactical Briefs #9, September 1998 on Speer Gold Dot Personal Defense Handgun Ammunition .32 ACP.
Quote :
"All expanding JHP bullets in this caliber demonstrate inadequate penetration performance. Test results for the Gold Dot JHP substantiate our claim that the 71 grain FMJ bullet is the best choice for personal defense.We feel a truncated cone-shaped FMJ bullet would provide the best combination of adequate penetration and wounding efficiency for both .32 ACP and .25 ACP. The truncated cone-shape is more efficient in crushing a larger diameter permanent cavity than a semi-pointed round nose-shape. Sadly FMJ-TC bullets are not available in these two calibers."

Unquote: So therefore, you sadly have no choice with Indian ammos. FMJ-TC for 32 calibre is also not available for imported ammos too. But if you can get hold of some imported European FMJ of S&B or Fiocchi as they are hot loads, you will probably be satisfied. Since they conform to SAAMI and CIP, Ashani would probably have no problem.

If you are worried about protecting yourself and your loved ones in a life or death situation (SELF DEFENSE ONLY), in RLS at CQ, your IOF (1/2) will do the job on any part of the body for a person in the Indian sub continent. However, if a beefy, burly target is involved, then probably more than 2 if you do not have a deft placement (CNS/pelvic region) otherwise if deft placement,then only one. But frankly my advice to you is if possible, run/scoot. The heroics are only in the screens. THE STANDARD INSTRUCTION GIVEN TO ALL COMBATANTS IS: AVOID AN UGLY SITUATION AT ALL COST AND ONLY IF NOT POSSIBLE, ENGAGE.

You may also view http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.in/p/ammo-tests.html
Bruce is very respected in the shooting world today.
Ciao-swofgideon

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:10 pm

Great info there Mr. Swofgideon. I must admit that I am very surprised to know the IOF .32 is a 71 grain bullet. Someday I may do a comparison test with the imported ammo and upload it here. Why not introduce your self....
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:47 am

so gideon: I have gone by these tests in my selection of 32 ACP ammo:

https://web.archive.org/web/20111218193 ... l32acp.htm

These were also conducted with a KelTec 32.

What I find interesting in this test is that energy and velocity are not necessarily related to penetration. For instance, if you notice the last two entries, you have the S&B at 912 f/s penetrating 13.6" of gelatin, but right below it, the very slow Winchester moving at a mere 786 f/s penetrates 15" of the same gelatin! the bullet shape must have a degree of bearing on this performance difference, and I think your comments regarding shape as being important are something to strongly consider. Given that the S&B bullets don't look all that much different than the Winchester bullets, one must surmise that even small changes in shape can have a big impact on penetration.

While I have no reason to doubt that a truncated cone shape is better, given that slight changes in shape seem to make big differences in performance, I would prefer that impartial tests run under strict conditions would show the performance value of truncated cone bullets in general and in whatever brand ends up making them (if any) in particular.

Another interesting point from these tests is that the expanding bullets don't work worth a hoot until one reaches the 9mm Parabellum level of power. The rest of the calibers, like 380 ACP and 9mm Makarov do not perform satisfactorily with hollow points.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:58 pm

Any leads about availability and price of imported .32 S&W Long (.32 revolver) ammo ?

Thanks in advance.
NM

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:31 pm

nm wrote:Any leads about availability and price of imported .32 S&W Long (.32 revolver) ammo ?

Thanks in advance.
NM
You can buy it only at you range, fire them and return the empty cartridges. Buying any imported ones from a dealer is illegal....

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:04 pm

Thanks farook,

I do buy wadcutters at the range for target practice.

Presently, I was looking for self defence purpose for my revolver.

NM

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:48 pm

nm wrote:Thanks farook,

I do buy wadcutters at the range for target practice.

Presently, I was looking for self defence purpose for my revolver.

NM
As mentioned earlier in this thread there is only one legal ways of buying an imported NPB which is of a caliber already made by IOF, bringing it with you when coming from abroad.....

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:27 pm

I'm not sure...farook.

I've seen dealers selling imported .32 Pistol and Revolver ammo with bill.....Even imported 30.06 ammo with bill despite it being manufactured by IOF.

I doubt they will issue a bill for something they know is illegal.

Any leads on availability and price of imported .32 pistol and revolver ammo around Delhi would be welcome.

Thanks,
NM

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:46 pm

Arms dealers are allowed to import certain calibers that includes a 30.06

Import of Ammunition by Licensed Arms Dealers

As per Para 2.34 of Chapter 2 governing General Provisions Regarding Exports and Imports of Handbook of Procedures Vol. I, 2009-14,-

Import of following types of ammunition are allowed against an Authorisation by licensed arms dealers subject to conditions as may be specified:

(i) Shotgun Cartridges 28 bore;

(ii) Revolver Cartridges of .450, .455 and .45 bores;

(iii) Pistol Cartridges of .25, .30 Mauser, .450 and .45 bores;

(iv) Rifle Cartridges of 6.5 mm, .22 savage, .22 Hornet, 300 Sherwood, 32/40, .256, .275, .280, 7m/m Mauser, 7m/m Man Schoener, 9m/m Mauser, 9m/m Man Schoener, 8×57, 8×57S, 9.3 m/m, 9.5 m/m, .375 Magnum, .405, .30.06, .270, .30/30 Winch, .318, .33 Winch, .275 Mag., .350 Mag., 400/350, .369 Purdey, .450/400, .470, .32 Win, .458 Win, .380 Rook, .220 Swift and .44 Win. Bores.

An application for grant of an Authorization for items listed above may be made to the competent Regional Authority of DGFT in ANF 2B along with documents prescribed therein.

From here http://www.customsmumbaiairport.gov.in/ ... ?LinkID=67

ravi.rataul
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ravi.rataul » Mon May 05, 2014 10:45 am

I have a smith and Wesson 32 long revolver , n I buy imported hollow point ammo for 600 Rs here in Amritsar punjab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:54 am

Thanks...