G2 Has anyone used this

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

G2 Has anyone used this

Post by farook » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:44 pm

Last edited by farook on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

For Advertising mail webmaster
farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: G2 Has anyone used this

Post by farook » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:32 pm

Now that the topic of ammo in hot, has anyone tried this. It has mixed reviews on both penetration power collateral damage...

http://g2rip.com/video

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:18 pm

Farook. When I was in New Jersey around three years ago, I read an article in a Guns & Ammo magazine about hollow-points that split up like a banana peel. Doctors at emergency rooms had complained that the said slug created more damage to the internal organs when being surgically extracted and therefore had more chances of causing fatalities than recovery. A friend of mine Dr. Dayal in New Jersey had the the same complaint. She is a general surgeon in New Jersey and did agree that in the emergency room she had trouble saving patients due to ammo used that caused extensive damage not only during penetration, but also at the time of extraction. (And yes, her husband Mr. Singh owns a Remington shotgun, one hell of a 12 gauge. But he stands 6 ft 4"s tall and is muscular enough to handle practically any recoil.)

I think this kind of ammo would do excellent on battle scenes for the armed forces or for law enforcement during critical scenarios where shoot-to-kill would be an ultimatum. The ammo looks really effective and should disable a 450 lb bear for all I can see. Wow! One cu-pow and GAME's OVER Farook. What say you?

Jeet
Watch where you point your weapon, look beyond and around the target and know what you are using as your ammo. A safe handler of guns is a respected handler of guns.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:27 pm

Well that is the whole point of carrying a weapon, you want to end the threat in one shot. The fact of the matter is 7 out of 8 people shot with a hand gun survive. A typical 3 to 3.5 inch barrel conceal carry weapon may not be enough to kill a person unless aimed at a vital organ.

Must say I am very curious about this ammo, they are building up and fast. Recently they have launched the 300 blackout which again is a unique design although like the other ammos it has limited penetration and may cause too much collateral damage.

Anyone used it.......

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:45 pm

I'll see if I can pick up a box this Sunday. I need an AR-15 mag for my Mossberg (30 round mag) and an extra 10 rnd Mossberg mag as well.

Check this out Farook! http://www.hornady.com/store/300-Whisper-110gr-vmax/
Watch where you point your weapon, look beyond and around the target and know what you are using as your ammo. A safe handler of guns is a respected handler of guns.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:00 pm

Its dam expensive and availability may be an issue http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/g2resea ... 18898.html

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:06 pm

Yup Farook. $46.99 + Tax = $50.87 for a box of 20 pops! That's $2.54 a bang! .......!!!!! Ummmmm....Maybe next year.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:09 pm

Dont get shaken off, thats very close to what I pay for my iof .32 ammo in India.

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:03 am

What kind of IOF gun do you carry Farook?

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:52 am

Don't waste your money on junk like the above.

If you want decent self defense ammo, stick to the tried and true JHP's. Maybe something like Hornady Critical Defense.
I mention the above brand because it is available everywhere, is reasonably affordable and has documented performance.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:53 am

Have you used it xl target, any feedback, really the last round you would ever need..

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:41 am

farook wrote:Have you used it xl target, any feedback, really the last round you would ever need..
What kind of IOF gun do you carry Farook? Do you have any pictures of it or have posted any in the past for me to look at?

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:46 am

xl_target wrote:Don't waste your money on junk like the above.

If you want decent self defense ammo, stick to the tried and true JHP's. Maybe something like Hornady Critical Defense.
I mention the above brand because it is available everywhere, is reasonably affordable and has documented performance.

Also the Guard Dog has been well received by it's users. My favorite top three rounds are the Hydra Shock from Federal Premium. I mean fill a 15 round mag upto the 13th round with regular ammo and the top three including the one in the breach with the Hydra Shock rounds. Safe!

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:04 am

I have never shot it, but I'm sure that those claims made in the video are true, 100% true. From their engineering claims in the video, I have recognized their previous product:

“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:31 am

farook wrote:Have you used it xl target, any feedback, really the last round you would ever need..
Yes, I do use the Critical Defense ammo, not the garbage shown the video.
I'm not really interested in betting my life on gimmicks advertised on the Internet.

As far as being the last round that you will need? No pistol ammo can really guarantee a one shot stop everytime ( or even most of the time). It is just too underpowered.
If you really want to stop someone or something in a hurry, invest in a large caliber rifle and/or a shotgun shooting appropriate ammo.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941