G2 Has anyone used this

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: G2 Has anyone used this

Post by Jeet3 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:34 am

Sometimes you have to try it to buy it XL.
Watch where you point your weapon, look beyond and around the target and know what you are using as your ammo. A safe handler of guns is a respected handler of guns.

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:42 am

Jeet3 wrote:
xl_target wrote:Don't waste your money on junk like the above.

If you want decent self defense ammo, stick to the tried and true JHP's. Maybe something like Hornady Critical Defense.
I mention the above brand because it is available everywhere, is reasonably affordable and has documented performance.

Also the Guard Dog has been well received by it's users. My favorite top three rounds are the Hydra Shock from Federal Premium. I mean fill a 15 round mag upto the 13th round with regular ammo and the top three including the one in the breach with the Hydra Shock rounds. Safe!
The guard dogs are another piece of gimmicky junk.
The Hydra-Shok's are an OK round but ammo technology has come a long ways since 1988 when the Hydra-Shok's debuted.

The reason why we use a Jacketed Hollow Point round is to maximize energy discharge, expansion and penetration and to minimize over-penetration.
So why in the hell would I use 13 full metal jacketed rounds in a 15 round pistol magazine meant for self defense?
Where do you people come up with this garbage?
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:05 am

Jeet3 wrote:Sometimes you have to try it to buy it XL.
Try it, Jeet?

You mean you actually buy into this yokel hooey?

I don't see how a bullet stabilized by spinning is such a great invention -- I think someone already had that idea.

I think that's why they put rifling grooves in bores, rather than cutting out bullets to look like paper pinwheels.

But no, I haven't used these bullets.

Nor have I used a "buzz saw" made out of copper to cut through plywood, auto glass, cinder blocks, or sheet metal.

Have you?

Well, if you buy into this and buy a box of their BS, maybe they will give you a company hat to wear:

“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:21 am

Dear Timmy and XL. I have been laughing out at your responses because you guys are absolutely right because you know what you are saying whilst pissed of at my weaker knowledge in ammunition tech. But I am still only a Padawan and you guys are the Yoda and Obi Wan Kenobi of ammoforce. It's also that when one explains to such details as yours as to what is right and what is wrong with a product, I would consider using atleast one box to try and see the outcome of the usage. That is all guys. Yet, you are experienced in this science and I am still an apprentice learning from you, and would like to with all humbleness thank you for informing me about the rights and wrongs. I know I did the right thing by connecting with you people here. May be I will not waste my time on such products after all!

Jeet
Watch where you point your weapon, look beyond and around the target and know what you are using as your ammo. A safe handler of guns is a respected handler of guns.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:25 am

Just think -- can copper cut glass? Like a "buzz saw"?

It just makes no sense whatsoever!

Harry S. Truman

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:42 am

timmy wrote:Just think -- can copper cut glass? Like a "buzz saw"?

It just makes no sense whatsoever!
True Tim. Common sense does make a man a man. The Hydra Shok is a favorite of mine because it causes lesser body harm to an intruder and yet disables the intruder for the police to investigate him. I mean, I feel sad because people do all kinds of stupid things, and may be the intruder wanted to feed his family by stealing from me or someone else. If my defense ends up hurting him fatally, his family will have nothing else left for them to survive. The police help and there are organizations too for these people, but once a life is over, it's all over.

Sad isn't it, but true. After all we are all humans. I love guns not to show myself looking like James Bond with a license to kill, but because it's the kind of technology that fascinates me. And the design of the gun and it's power. My favorite gun in fact is the Wildey .457 and someday I would like to own a collection of these.

Jeet

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:08 am

Jeet3 wrote:The Hydra Shok is a favorite of mine because it causes lesser body harm to an intruder and yet disables the intruder for the police to investigate him. I mean, I feel sad because people do all kinds of stupid things, and may be the intruder wanted to feed his family by stealing from me or someone else. If my defense ends up hurting him fatally, his family will have nothing else left for them to survive.
If he threatens someone's life, he is responsible the risk he takes. Who knows whether he wants to feed his family or just buy drugs? Who knows if he's a nice guy or a murderous psychopath? Its not my responsibility to analyze him. The first thing is to protect one's life, not worry about whether the attacker is "understood." They can sort that out when the dust is settled.

The reaction to a threat must be immediate. If the attacker's social history needs to be taken into account before the aim is taken and the decision to pull the trigger is made, you will quite likely be dead and have handed a firearm over to a goon to be a bigger devil when he commits his next crime.

Harry S. Truman

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:56 am

A famous saying says "IT TAKES MORE THAN 2000 NUTS AND BOLTS TO BUILD A CAR, AND ONLY ONE NUT TO SCATTER IT ALL OVER THE ROAD". Killing is easy Tim, creating and surviving is extremely difficult. You know better my friend!

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:08 am

Suit yourself. But a gun is not for waving about and making threats. It's not for firing warning shots, nor brandishing in macho public displays. It's not to be brought out when there is any possible way to diffuse the situation. Anyone who uses a gun like this ought not to have one or use one.

However, if a person, and/or their loved ones are threatened, the armed gun owner has the right to protect themselves and the duty to protect their loved ones by the surest and most effective way possible, which in a split second is to disable an attacker in the surest way possible.

Killing is easy, survival is difficult, and creating is reserved to God. Anyone who threatens harm or death to another is the one responsible for considering these weighty matters, not the person who is trying to defend themselves or their loved ones and survive.

This summarizes "knowing better."

Harry S. Truman