Better Choice In 22 or 32

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Better Choice In 22 or 32

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:02 pm

Grumpy";p="24332 wrote:?????? !!!!!!! This, mate, is the UK - you think Eley will have data on making holes in people ? Get a grip Dodger - I might be in the West but it isn`t the Wild West !
Very droll...

No one expected Eley to have this information or even if they did, to publish it in public.

Now shall I spell it out for you or will you manage to grasp the point by yourself?

;)
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:00 am

"Now shall I spell it out for you or will you manage to grasp the point by yourself?"

Seems like we`re talking about spears now !

Yup, spell it out - this is all too subtle for me.

Eley still won`t have any penetration tests available - on people, `long pig`, short pig ( ? ) or otherwise.

There will be comparable data available on American .22 cartridges/bullets however.

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:12 am

In the Indian context, the .32 ACP cartridge available from IOF is a 70 grain bullet cartridge, with a finish ( overall ) slightly better than the .22 LR rounds they dish out.

In pure ballistics data terms, the energy and stopping power of IOF to IOF comparisions between .22 and .32 , the .32 ACP reins superior.

Outside India the popularity of .32 ACP is diminishing because higher end .22 cartridges are matching close to .32 ACP now.

For pure self defence market, the .32 compares poorly now to the whole range of 9 mm, .357 and then of course the 44 and 45 calibres available.

However the smaller size of .32 ACP pistols gives it an advantage of concealment as compared to larger calibres but the .22 LR chambered pistols ( AUtomatics ) would of course be smaller in size many times.

Again in the Indian context, imported .32 ACP rounds are better for self defence but they are doing the rounds in the Indian markets at Rs. 400 apiece.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:03 pm

Yup, spell it out - this is all too subtle for me.
When I asked you about the data, I was refering to sources both on and offline that you know off from over the years.
There will be comparable data available on American .22 cartridges/bullets however.
I vaguely recall seeing some data on Chuck Hawks' site but it wasn't on solids as I recall.

Mack The Knife