Marshall shot air pellets for Orion .22

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
Karanchuhg
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Marshall shot air pellets for Orion .22

Post by Karanchuhg » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:13 pm

Wanted to know if its ok to use the Marshall shot pellets for the Orion .22? I read a few reviews and it says that they are low quality . Will they affect the rifle by any chance? I wanted to use it in the interim till I can go and buy better quality pellets. Does it matter if I change the pellets from different companies?

Also, does using low quality pellets impact accuracy and how?

Regards- karan

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Marshall shot air pellets for Orion .22

Post by brihacharan » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:57 pm

Karanchuhg wrote: Wanted to know if its ok to use the Marshall shot pellets for the Orion .22? I read a few reviews and it says that they are low quality . Will they affect the rifle by any chance? I wanted to use it in the interim till I can go and buy better quality pellets. Does it matter if I change the pellets from different companies?

Also, does using low quality pellets impact accuracy and how?
Regards- karan
Hi Karanchuhg,

> To begin with there is no harm whatsoever in using Mastershot Pellets in Orion.
> Better still to use Mastershot Export quality pellets.
> I have been using these(over 1000 pellets) - These are the resonably well made Indian Pellets - however can't compare them with good quality imported ones which are very expensive.
> Changing different brands of pellets does not cause any harm - only you'll observe difference in performance such as accuracy / vibration etc.
> You,ll observe a 'marked difference' while using Indian Made Pellets Vs Imported Pellets.
> One simple guideline is to check the fitment of the pellet in the breech - "It Should be a SNUG fit".
> Too tight or too loose a fit will result in poor accuracy & excess vibration.
> Some of the Good Foreign made pellet brands are, RWS / H&N, JSB etc.
> Lastly while Round Heads is an All Round pellet meaning for regular shooting / plinking, Flat Heads are good for Target Shooting.
. Good Luck :D
Briha

AbbasRiz
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Marshall shot air pellets for Orion .22

Post by AbbasRiz » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:12 pm

Briha Sir,
Karan has mentioned " MARSHALL " shot and not " MASTER " shot. Kindly oblige us by throwing some light on the quality and performance of MARSHALL shot pellets.
Regards,
Abbas