.500 Black Powder Express

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

.500 Black Powder Express

Post by miroflex » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:28 pm

I know of one or two .500 Black Powder Express (BPE) double rifles for sale. They could be chambered for either the 3" or the 3 1/4" .500 BPE cartridge. I wonder if any fellow members know of any sources for these cartridges and prices of the same.

Regards
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

For Advertising mail webmaster
cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Re: .500 Black Powder Express

Post by cottage cheese » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:35 am

Not for sale obviously, but I did see & handle a RB Rodda .500BPE SxS Double Rifle, which rather oddly was an official part of the local police inventory in days bygone...probably to help the forest department in dealing with problem animals.... I do vaguely recall posting pictures of it here some time back. Splendid pair of tubes if I may add.... but alas no more goli or kookha :(

regards,
cc
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by miroflex » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:38 am

Thank you for sharing the information Cottage Cheese. I found it very interesting.

Regards.
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:02 pm

Cases are available from Bertram. There is no commercially made ammunition however.
There`s also the .500 No.2 BPE.
Make a man a fire and he`ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
( Terry Pratchett )

miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by miroflex » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:47 am

Thanks for the information, Grumpy.