Getting Ammo from Australia

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
hardeepsinghbedi
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Getting Ammo from Australia

Post by hardeepsinghbedi » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:13 am

Dear Everyone,

I am planning to go to Australia by 20 Nov 2012. I am planning to get 50 ammo of .32 Magnum revolver. Please can anybody confirm that Australia will issue the ammo as I am not sure about Australian laws that they will issue the ammo to me directly because dealers are not interested to send ammo to the airport.
With Regards,

Hardeep Singh Bedi

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Getting Ammo from Australia

Post by nagarifle » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:38 am

not unless you have a local license in the land of ozzies. or get someone who has to take it to the airport for you and get it checked in.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Getting Ammo from Australia

Post by Anand » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:07 pm

Hello Bediji,
from some research that I did a few years ago, I found that most states in Australia will require a license of some sort to buy ammo for use locally. However, for foreigners, the dealer will make arrangements to bring it the airport for export. The export itself will require an export license , which will have to be applied at least one week in advance. I understand it to be a pretty straight forward process so long as the paperwork is in order. Australians carry rifles and ammo to other countries for hunting, gunshows and other sporting activities on a regular basis. The easiest way to go about it would be to send an email to a dealer and ask around for some one who has done this before.
One other big thing would be to make sure that the transit country does not create any problems. There is a requirement now, that approval of the transit country is also made "clear". Singapore I hear has a pretty simple process as well. Despite 3 trips to Australia and 2 trips to Singapore in the last few years, I have not imported any ammo, since I was traveling with a lot of family members, time and encouragement were not in my favor. I hope to rectify that situation the next time I go to Singapore.

Regards, Anand