Long or Short

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Long or Short

Post by perfectionist1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:03 am

Sirs,

To all handgun gurus...which cartridge would you prefer (& recommend) for 0.32 revolver- IOF made mk III.
KF S&W 0.32 Long or Short.

The purpose oft he weapon is purely self & home defence.

Please let us know your views with most important reasons, based out of your experience.

Cheers...

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Long or Short

Post by mundaire » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:29 am

The IOF revolver is chambered for the .32 S&W Long cartridge. Since the S&W Short cartridge is of idtentical dimensions, except for length (as the name suggests it is shorter) AND it produces LESS pressures it can be safely used in this revolver as well BUT DONT try the reverse i.e. DON'T attempt to use the long cartridge in a gun designed for the shorter cartridge!

However, why would anyone want to use the S&W short in a gun designed for the S&W long is beyond me. It produces substantially less energy AND is MUCH more expensive to buy i.e. If you can find it in the first place!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by perfectionist1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:51 am

Dear Abhijit,

Thanks for your comments.
I was just asking from the perspective of 0.32 IOF revolver, because of the notion that Short will produce less recoil thus better accuracy. However in the situation of SD (hope not to encounter one) I will be in a very short distance to the offender.

Cheers..

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:57 pm

perfectionist1 wrote:I was just asking from the perspective of 0.32 IOF revolver, because of the notion that Short will produce less recoil thus better accuracy. However in the situation of SD (hope not to encounter one) I will be in a very short distance to the offender.Cheers..
If you go to the market to buy ammo.the dilemma of which one to buy will be resolved for you by the simple fact that you not be able to buy .32 Short cartridge as there is none to be had.

perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by perfectionist1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Dear WTP,

Thanks, case closed as there is no dilemma of choice now. :D

Cheers...