is slug shot for shotgun realy available in india?

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
chandrashekhar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

is slug shot for shotgun realy available in india?

Post by chandrashekhar » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:35 am

dear freinds i want to know is slugs are realy available in india? because the slugs what i saw in internet are have dia of more than 5mm but it is prohibated in india and if slugs available please tell me the manufacturer's name (for 12 bore)

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: is slug shot for shotgun realy available in india?

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:11 pm

Slugs are available and perfectly legal. Restriction of 5 mm diameter is only when cartridge has multiple projectiles in it and not a single projectile.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

chandrashekhar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by chandrashekhar » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:41 pm

thanks goodboy_mentor, but i heard that all shot guns does'nt have capacity of fire slugs is it true? if true which shotgun i have to purchase and can you tell me some slug mnufactureres name? i am asking this type of questions because i am a ammature about gun knowladge

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:53 pm

Most of the slugs except that are spherical in shape are usually safe to fire from any shotgun. But to be on a very safer side, do read on the box of cartridges, it would be written by manufacturer as to through which type of chokes of shotgun, the slugs are safe to be fired. If you search this forum carefully, you will find there is a detailed discussion on this topic.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:06 pm

If you have an older shotgun which is tightly choked, you should avoid shooting slugs through it... Yes slugs are available, both from IOF as well as Shaktiman. You may also chance across imported slugs from time to time at various arms dealers. Slugs should be perfectly safe to shoot through open choked barrels.

A piece of advice, at all costs avoid the hollow point slugs from Shaktiman. I'd recently had the chance to take one apart and the construction of the projectile is such that you will likely get very poor performance from it! Will try and take photo and upload it here in the next day or two.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

chandrashekhar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by chandrashekhar » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:23 pm

thank you dear freind i got good information about slugs because of you people and abhijeet i don't have any gun right now but i applied for sbbl licence and i personaly very thankful to ifg and you people because lot of questions about firearms in my mind are cleared by ifg

Ace_doc
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ace_doc » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:24 pm

mundaire wrote:If you have an older shotgun which is tightly choked, you should avoid shooting slugs through it... Yes slugs are available, both from IOF as well as Shaktiman. You may also chance across imported slugs from time to time at various arms dealers. Slugs should be perfectly safe to shoot through open choked barrels.

A piece of advice, at all costs avoid the hollow point slugs from Shaktiman. I'd recently had the chance to take one apart and the construction of the projectile is such that you will likely get very poor performance from it! Will try and take photo and upload it here in the next day or two.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
saw the same but had not purchased any. the regular spherical ball had grouped well enough for me. how is the rifled slug any inputs ?

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:35 am

mundaire wrote:Yes slugs are available, both from IOF as well as Shaktiman.
Haven't seen slugs by IOF, can you kindly post a picture.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.