How .22 LR rounds are manufactured

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

How .22 LR rounds are manufactured

Post by xl_target » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:05 am

The .22 LR is one of the most popular rounds in the USA. Millions of rounds are shot every day.
CCI in the US alone produces about 4 million rounds of .22 LR ammo per day at one facility!

Here two short videos detailing the process of manufacture of .22 LR rounds at CCI's Idaho plant.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: How .22 LR rounds are manucatured

Post by miroflex » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:56 am

Hi,

These are very interesting and informative videos. Many thanks for posting them.

Regards.
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

rraju2805
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by rraju2805 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:44 am

Thanx for posting it.
YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE SOMETIME
BUT YOU CAN"T FOOL ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL TIME

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:58 am

XL, this was indeed very interesting. I particularly liked the part where it described how the cases were primed, as I often have wondered how this might be done in a production environment. One thing I wished they had shown, but understandably didn't in this rather high-level documentary, was how the seated bullets are crimped by a machine that seats so many rounds at a time.

I sure wish I could have one of those pallets in my garage! 250,000 rounds! That would keep things going for quite some time!

Thank you, sir.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

gladiatorgarg
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: How .22 LR rounds are manufactured

Post by gladiatorgarg » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:24 am

Quite informative can you post something on the lethality part of this calibre(.22lr)....thanks in anticipation...

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:52 pm

Gladiator, I think that is beyond the scope of this thread. Start another one or do a search as there are lots of threads on this forum about that. You can also google your term "lethality of .22LR ammo"
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

avtomat
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by avtomat » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:26 pm

Great videos xl next best to be actually present t the factory

Piyush