Please Help me with a good Scope

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Please Help me with a good Scope

Post by Grumpy » Wed May 16, 2007 4:05 am

Obviously a quality product Dev...........I have this vision of dealers desperately trying to persuade buyers that they really don`t need a spotting scope.
:wink: :lol: :lol:

For Advertising mail webmaster
sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Thu May 17, 2007 12:43 pm

yep no rail. I was thinking of first some Typecal Indian Jugad done :D. either i get small holes drilled in or get some mean of creating mount grove. Once i have some time on hand then i intend to sit and do it

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Thu May 17, 2007 8:01 pm

Hi Sa_ali,

Do you already have a scope?. I mean if its a good scope, why put it on a IHP that too after a lot of effort..you could use that scope on a good .22

And if you don't have a scope...then anyway you would end up spending quite some money on buying one...

Why not go for a good air rifle with open sights instead...

None the less, if you do manage to put the scope on the IHP, do take some pics of the process..I am really interested in how one could do that..

Cheers
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Fri May 18, 2007 3:35 pm

i dont have scope.:) i intend to pick some thing, not very fancy and then try on IHP. it will be purely for experiment :), i wanted to do that for long time.I have been hunting hunting ebay for some good deal.Since its for IHP, i dont intent to pick something high end but yeah decent which i can later some point move to my uncle BSA .22.
I will definately update u all once i am done with it. at present my US visit is on hold :(
Ali

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Fri May 18, 2007 9:51 pm

sa_ali";p="20328 wrote: have been hunting hunting ebay for some good deal.Since its for IHP, i dont intent to pick something high end i
if you are hunting on e bay, i could suggest the cheap chinese scopes that have been selling for £10-15. they come with mounts, and will not seem a waste when mounted on IHP. I've bought one of them specifically to be mounted on my IHP (when i have the time to fiddle), or purely for experimentation.

as for .22, i think your BSA deserves a better scope than a leftover from dr frankenstein's experiment with a desi air gun :wink: Considering you'll not have to worry about recoil, why not try to invest in something good that will last a long time
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat May 19, 2007 4:37 pm

hamiclar01";p="20340 wrote:if you are hunting on e bay, i could suggest the cheap chinese scopes that have been selling for £10-15. they come with mounts, and will not seem a waste when mounted on IHP.
How long do you suppose they would last on an air-rifle?

Such a scope would have more of a chance on a rimfire than on an air-rifle.

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat May 19, 2007 5:07 pm

OOOOh stop it ;-), I couldn't imagine not having a spotting scope with my IHP long range hee hee hee.

Dev
Grumpy";p="20196 wrote: Obviously a quality product Dev...........I have this vision of dealers desperately trying to persuade buyers that they really don`t need a spotting scope.
:wink: :lol: :lol:
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Sun May 20, 2007 4:05 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="20369 wrote: [
How long do you suppose they would last on an air-rifle?

Such a scope would have more of a chance on a rimfire than on an air-rifle.

Mack The Knife
frankly, the red shiny box they are marketed in on e bay and car boot sales says "air rifle scope".

as for their longevity, i don't think they'd last long on either. hence the price , i reckon. cannon fodder for experiments, a kind of disposable scope!
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Ashshooter
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Ashshooter » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:34 pm

Visit the website www.capapiesports.com or mail the dealsers at [email protected] for any such accessories you require.They try to provide scopes as per your budget requirements.
My Crime is my Curiosity

karthikn
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by karthikn » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:02 pm

HI,

I am newly joined and i don't have any shooting experience, This is my first posting on this blog and please suggest me good gun..if anybody not using there guns, so if i can effort to buy.

karthik

Chengy
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chengy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:48 pm

Depends on your budget my friend. How much are willing to invest in this new hobby of yours

atulgidh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by atulgidh » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:23 pm

Hi,

I'm new this forum. I want to know, is it advisable to buy a scope for nx 100? I have shortlisted one of Bushnell. It is costing 5k.
Please guide