A "How to" on using Mil dot scopes

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: A "How to" on using Mil dot scopes

Post by Grumpy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:17 am

"PX` = Parallax

VAT @ 17.5% does make a fair bit of difference but not as much as you might think - State and city taxes can, depending on the location, amount to almost as much. By the way, as a non-EEC resident you don`t have to pay VAT. The vendor should be aware of this. You should pay 85.106 % of the advertised price.
The main problem is that so many companys - eg, Tasco, Leupold, Burris, Bushnell, etc, etc - are American owned and we seem to have to pay the extra transportation costs from the US to here.......even if the goods come direct. American rifles cost pretty much the same figure in pounds as the American price in dollars ( eg £100 for $100. ) which means that they have to compete against European rifles which are often technically superior and better made. The same applies to - as an example - Leupold scopes which are good ....... but probably not as good as the European made scopes at a similar price.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: A "How to" on using Mil dot scopes

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:26 am

Grumpy";p="18878 wrote:"PX` = Parallax.
In this case it actually means Parallax Adjustable or just PA. To adjust for parallax you turn the graduated objective bell to the desired range marking. However, I must point out that the graduations / range markings on the objective bell are usually not spot on.

What many people do is put a white plaster tape over the graduations and then mark off the range on the tape by actually focusing at an object at each desired distance.

Mack The Knife

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Thu May 17, 2007 8:20 pm

mundaire";p="18877 wrote:The scope in question is a Tasco varmint 2.5-10x42, mil-dot with px adjustment (err... I don't really know what px adjustment is) ;) Abhijeet
This was exactly the scope I had bought and returned it...was going for special price Euro 129, including all VAT and everything..at Frankonia...

The only reason I didn't take it was, its a little longer, covers the loading port of most underlever airguns - Not that its important.. :mrgreen: ..Didn't know any better. Ended up with a Tasco Antler 3-9X 40..for Euro 100

Cheers
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum