Types of 30-06 ammo

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
Post Reply
pratapvarma31
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:30 pm
Location: Andhrapradesh

Types of 30-06 ammo

Post by pratapvarma31 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi friends can any of u tell me the available types- i mean make, grains and types of 30-06 ammo--recently i purchased silver tips/-s&b the whole tip is silver,( looks like)i have seen winchester there is silver only at the tip--i dont know whether they r original or reloaded.how to differentiate - what rthe best brands available in india plz suggest.

For Advertising mail webmaster
User avatar
Vineet
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 793
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Punjab

Re: Types of 30-06 ammo

Post by Vineet » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:22 pm

Types of .30-06 ammo available in India are :-
1) Winchester 180 grain http://www.winchester.com/products/rifl ... P3006.aspx
2) Winchester 150 grain http://www.winchester.com/products/rifl ... 3006A.aspx
3) S&B 180 grain Soft Point http://www.sellier-bellot.cz/rifle-ammu ... roduct=197
4) S&B 180 grain FMJ http://www.sellier-bellot.cz/rifle-ammu ... roduct=257
5) PPU, 150 grain, FMJ, Made in Serbia http://www.prvipartizan.com/search_a.php
6) KF http://ofbindia.nic.in/products/data/am ... /sc/14.htm

I own no. 1,2,3,4 and 5 from the above list. A dealer told me price of KF ammo is on par with S&B so no one buys the KF and therefore they don't order any. I once saw them with a dealer some two years ago.
pratapvarma31 wrote:i dont know whether they r original or reloaded.how to differentiate.
Post some clear pics here and members can help you out in identifying them.
Last edited by Vineet on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

pratapvarma31
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:30 pm
Location: Andhrapradesh

Re: Types of 30-06 ammo

Post by pratapvarma31 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Thanks vineeth - sure will post the pics

User avatar
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer
Posts: 3112
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:33 pm
Location: mumbai

Re: Types of 30-06 ammo

Post by brihacharan » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi there,
> I used to own a Winchester 30-06 (model 1917 sporterized) mounted with a 4x 32 weaver Scope - very accurate.
> Apart from 150gr / 180gr round nosed ammo, I have also used 150gr silver tipped ones, these are really good.
> Also 220gr round nosed ammo used to be available earlier & have used them too.
> Makers of these ammo are Winchester / Kynoch / Remington & Sellier Bellot.
> In my considered opinion the 30-06 is one of the finest calibres ever produced and still is, that can use all of these wide range of bullet weights for game of one's choice very effectively.
Briha

saim
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: Types of 30-06 ammo

Post by saim » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:49 pm

brihacharan wrote:Hi there,
> I used to own a Winchester 30-06 (model 1917 sporterized) mounted with a 4x 32 weaver Scope - very accurate.
> Apart from 150gr / 180gr round nosed ammo, I have also used 150gr silver tipped ones, these are really good.
> Also 220gr round nosed ammo used to be available earlier & have used them too.
> Makers of these ammo are Winchester / Kynoch / Remington & Sellier Bellot.
> In my considered opinion the 30-06 is one of the finest calibres ever produced and still is, that can use all of these wide range of bullet weights for game of one's choice very effectively.
Briha
Hi Sir,
can you tell me the approx cost of Winchester 30-06 LAR in India plus the cost of cart..m looking forward to buy one...thanks

Biren
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:51 am
Location: delhi

Re: Types of 30-06 ammo

Post by Biren » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:18 am

Vineet wrote:Types of .30-06 ammo available in India are :-
1) Winchester 180 grain http://www.winchester.com/products/rifl ... P3006.aspx
2) Winchester 150 grain http://www.winchester.com/products/rifl ... 3006A.aspx
3) S&B 180 grain Soft Point http://www.sellier-bellot.cz/rifle-ammu ... roduct=197
4) S&B 180 grain FMJ http://www.sellier-bellot.cz/rifle-ammu ... roduct=257
5) PPU, 150 grain, FMJ, Made in Serbia http://www.prvipartizan.com/search_a.php
6) KF http://ofbindia.nic.in/products/data/am ... /sc/14.htm

I own no. 1,2,3,4 and 5 from the above list. A dealer told me price of KF ammo is on par with S&B so no one buys the KF and therefore they don't order any. I once saw them with a dealer some two years ago.
pratapvarma31 wrote:i dont know whether they r original or reloaded.how to differentiate.
Post some clear pics here and members can help you out in identifying them.

Veenet I bought KF ammo for Rs.115 a pop. These were from old stock but shoot well. Also KF cycles well in IOF 30.06. New stock is not avaialble but heard IOF gone soon start production and the cost is going to be around Rs.80 a pop. Posting picture of same.



Rgds,
Biren
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

riflemarksman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:47 pm

Re: Types of 30-06 ammo

Post by riflemarksman » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:20 pm

Biren wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:18 am
Vineet wrote:Types of .30-06 ammo available in India are :-
1) Winchester 180 grain http://www.winchester.com/products/rifl ... P3006.aspx
2) Winchester 150 grain http://www.winchester.com/products/rifl ... 3006A.aspx
3) S&B 180 grain Soft Point http://www.sellier-bellot.cz/rifle-ammu ... roduct=197
4) S&B 180 grain FMJ http://www.sellier-bellot.cz/rifle-ammu ... roduct=257
5) PPU, 150 grain, FMJ, Made in Serbia http://www.prvipartizan.com/search_a.php
6) KF http://ofbindia.nic.in/products/data/am ... /sc/14.htm

I own no. 1,2,3,4 and 5 from the above list. A dealer told me price of KF ammo is on par with S&B so no one buys the KF and therefore they don't order any. I once saw them with a dealer some two years ago.
pratapvarma31 wrote:i dont know whether they r original or reloaded.how to differentiate.
Post some clear pics here and members can help you out in identifying them.

Veenet I bought KF ammo for Rs.115 a pop. These were from old stock but shoot well. Also KF cycles well in IOF 30.06. New stock is not avaialble but heard IOF gone soon start production and the cost is going to be around Rs.80 a pop. Posting picture of same.



Rgds,
Biren
Few days back when I looked in the OFB website there was no .30-06 in the ammunition section, have they stopped making KF or OFB .30-06 ammo ?

Post Reply