Attn. Rustam. Rifled Slugs

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Attn. Mack The Knife. Rifled Slugs

Post by Grumpy » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:55 pm

Mack The Knife, I was looking at the Federal Ammunition site last week and discovered that the plastic ball that follows the slug in their `Power Ball` rifled slug cartridges is designed to keep the slug centred in the barrel........quite how it does that when it is of considerably less diameter than the slug is beyond me ! By the way, Federal reckon those same slugs will produce 2" groups at 50 yards.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:19 am

Thanks, Grumpy and happy hols!

Mack The Knife

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:31 pm

Thanks Mack The Knife. That was well remembered - Yup, we`re off this Friday morning. A couple of days in Westchester, NY, then we fly out to Salmon, Idaho next Sunday. Put in on the river on Monday and then 12 nights on the river ending up in Lewiston. There`s been more rain this year and we`re going to be on the river a week earlier so there should be even more white water ! We fly from Boise back to NY where we`ll be a week before flying off to Chicago on the 20th August to see Mehul. Then it`s back to Westchester again for a few days before flying home. I6-17,000 in a month.......and it`ll all go by so quickly !

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:08 am

Sounds like you are going to have a fantastic time, Grumpy.All the very best.Sure you will enjoy meeting Mehul. :lol: :lol:

Best- Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:39 am

HI John,
great trip and enjoy yourself-Wish I could be there when you and Mehul talk shop!!
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:19 pm

And if you should meet Walter please convey my salaams and remind him that I am still awaiting his version of the ultimate BBQ sauce.

I wonder if he has taken his pith helmet to SA this time as well. :mrgreen:
Wish I could be there when you and Mehul talk shop!!
Now that would be a truly educational experience.

Safe journey and all the best.

Mack The Knife

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:52 am

Walter is still working on those sauces..........You might be able to handle them but I find them terrifying - the amount of chilli involved is prodigious. If they ever get to the market I reckon that they`ll have to put a Government health warning on the label !
We won`t be seeing him this trip......we`ll get to around 800 miles away.
Walter, LA and the California wineries ( Oh heck, that`ll be a boozy trip ! ) are on the schedule for 2007.
He reckons this current trip to South Africa will be his last. He was thinking about hunting in Mongolia in 2007 but recently has been muttering about coming here to let me take him stalking for Fallow and Roe.........or even a Red if one`s available.
See ( figuratively ) you guys in September - I`m off to catch some waves.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:22 am

Have fun.