Why there is more recoil in IOF cartridge ?

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
cooldude
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cooldude » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:59 am

mundaire";p="17437 wrote: http://www.lyalvaleexpress.com/UK/gamec ... me_mag.htm are these the cartridges under discussion?

If so, then it seems to be just a case of confusion. If you look at the table on the bottom of the page, you will see the following -

H.V. Super Game - 36gm (1 1/4oz.)
and
H.V. Super Game 42gm (1 1/2oz.)

It seems to me that the manufacturer is merely stating the weight of the shot load in both metric and imperial... unfortunately the amount of powder used is not mentioned on the site...
I also had (now finished) 32 & 36 Gms. Shot load of the same make in 1 1/8 of an Ounce powder load. So going by your own logic kindly explain how can both the shot loads be different at 32 and 36 Gms when they are both 1 1/8 of an Ounce and again by your own logic if 36 Gms. is 1 1/4 Oz then how is it mentioned on the Box as 42 Gms. 1 1/4 Oz. And Shahid, that means 31.1 Gms mentioned on the Box of KF is 1 1/16 Oz. shot load ?? Guys. Please clarify it for me because till date I was under the wrong impression that the Oz mentioned on Boxes was the Powder load.
The day guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

For Advertising mail webmaster
shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:05 am

Well it goes like this.

KF Special is 30.1 grams. Old boxes said 1 1/16 oz.

I oz is 28 grams odd.

1 1/8 oz is 32 grams ( Astram and most imported game loads )

1 1/4 oz is 34 grams ( Astram Magna )

Dram Eqv. of powder is hardly displayed ( mentioned ) these days. THis measure is becoming obsolete.

Abhijeet visited some cartridge maker's websites yesterday. Visit more and check sites of KEnt, Lavale, Eley, Hull, Mirage, RWS Noblesport, Winchester etc. and check whether they mention any data on how much powder is put in there. I too will do it today.

Also try S & B, IOF, Rottweil, GECO all these are part of AZ Noble / RWS now.

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:40 am

Good info !
Congartulation Shahid Guru,just know i saw ur title.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:03 pm

Went out shooting to Jebel Ali CLub today. Sporting clays and trap combined range.

Preferred to shoot the Beretta 20 bore Silver Piegeon today with 24 gram load. RIO cartridges from TX, USA.

In spite of the heat had a good day out.

Score was 21 birds killed out of 25.

Missed 2 on rabbit house clay and 2 on springing teals.

shahid

Post by shahid » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:51 am

It mentions about the French made Vectan A 1 and A0 grade powders for Lavalle Express game loads, but again how much is not mentioned. Best way, open a Lavelle cartridge and weigh the powder.