Import of Cartridges of 32 Winchester special

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
sonuvecv
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Alternate bore\ Cartidge 32 winchester special

Post by sonuvecv » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:28 am

TwoRivers wrote:The only cartridge you could safely substitute, , would be the .30-30 Winchester, as these two cartridges only differ in bullet (and neck) diameter. It would work through the magazine, go "BANG" without hurting the gun or you; and even hit a barn door at short range.
Never use a cartridge with a pointed bullet in a tubular magazine.
Unless I am mistaken, Indian law does not allow you to purchsae cartridges other than those mentioned on your license.
Dear Sir,
Good Morning and thank you very verymuch for your information,Today I visited to a gun dealer a friend of mine and just asked for.30-30surprisingly he is having that cartidges and it looks of similar shape as of 32WS .Marking on Cartridge read S & B 30-30 WIN. hE IS having 42 pieces and asked only 170RS per cartridge.Tomarrow I am going to my place and bring my Winchester 32 WS rifle,and will try that it works with its lever mechanism or not ,If it works shall i go for these catridges. Dealer said that these cartridges are for Winchester Semi but that I was not able to understand. Veterns please suggest
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
sonuvecv
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Import of Cartridges of 32 Winchester special

Post by sonuvecv » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:34 am

Hammerhead wrote: find

May be, there are few tips and tricks there but given the laws and regulations and excess to "Other Options" , it's not worth.

And thanks timmy , good guidance but we should all ask him to stop tweaking and producing another "youtuber"
Good Morning Sir, Thanks for your advice and concern.But as far as law is concerned dealer told me that as on my rifle's liscence only NP bore rifle is mentioned so no issue or I can take special permisson from District Magistrate.

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:45 am

When " They " produced this cartridge ,
they especially moved the shoulder up So NO idiot would do it , even accidentally .

The bullet will not seat properly and gas and pressure will blow back.

And you are looking for expert advise , should you need George.W. Bush's phone , let me know - Haji
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Sonu, regardless of the advice being given to you by the various gurus, firing a .30-30 in a .32 Winchester Special rifle is a SAFE option. Not an accurate one, but safe. Both cartridges were developed for the Winchester model 1894 lever action rifle, not a "semi". The .32 Winchester Special is simply a .30-30 necked up accept a .321" diameter bullet, instead of the .30-30's .308" diameter. Otherwise the cases are almost exactly the same, with any minute changes probably made to prevent a .32 Special case from being chambered in a .30-30 rifle. Which would be a very slim possibilty.
For making noise at weddings, unless prohibited; and for scaring away burglars, it will do the job. But it won't hit anything you are aiming at any great distance away. If you want to use the rifle for target practice, then "NO".

Let the fellows who are giving you the dire warnings explain why you should not do it. The .32-20 mentioned in one of the posts is another cartridge entirely. Much smaller case, and smaller.312" diamter bullet.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:59 pm

Sonu,

You may be able to fire a 30-30 in your rifle but you can not own 30-30 ammunition legally.You can only own 32 Special ammunition. Unless you have another rifle in 30-30.If you do buy 30-30 ammunition you will be breaking the law.Just thought I would let you know.

perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by perfectionist1 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:19 pm

@ sonuvecv,

Win Lever action rifle, wow, my childhood dream.....congrats for having the weapon..please post some pics, if you can.

For ammo, yes, dealer can import ammo on his license and can resell, it is a normal practice for any cal/type ammo.

I would suggest not to go for adapters, even if available. My suggestion....pay 25k and get your ammo quota.
Dont seems to have much choice.

Cheers.....