Ear Muffs

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Ear Muffs

Post by art_collector » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:31 pm

Hi Guys,

Any idea where I an find ear muffs in Delhi?

AC

For Advertising mail webmaster
jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Ear Muffs

Post by jonahpach » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:44 am

Hello AC.

contact Shezad at Indianshooting.com

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:12 am

Very common thing,,try any good gun shop
art_collector";p="15512 wrote: Hi Guys,

Any idea where I an find ear muffs in Delhi?

AC
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:19 am

Hi Badshah,

I have tried all the gun shops in Delhi ...no one seems to sell them....though every one wants to sell them due to the sudden surge in shooting ...... kids to mummys, daddies to dadas and dadis ..............shooting as a sport has made every one interested . Thanx to the silver medal in olympics.....

AC

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:11 pm

go to any industrial equipment shop and ask for packet of safety ear plugs(100pc in 1 packet),they are very chaep ,easy to use and easy to carry.u can throw them after use.
art_collector";p="15632 wrote: Hi Badshah,

I have tried all the gun shops in Delhi ...no one seems to sell them....though every one wants to sell them due to the sudden surge in shooting ...... kids to mummys, daddies to dadas and dadis ..............shooting as a sport has made every one interested . Thanx to the silver medal in olympics.....

AC
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:13 pm

A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:14 pm

Thanx Badshah 4 ur advise. Ear plugs shud serve the purpose.

Sujay thanks for providing te site address.

AC

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:37 am

AC,

If you are okay with ear plugs, then you can also buy 3M ear plugs from some sports shops as swimmers use them too.

Mack The Knife

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:56 am

The Indian shooting.com site is expensive.
AC,why not walk down to a music store and pick a good stereo head set,cost a couple of hundred tops.
You could listen to Mozart while focusing on the target,like the old world hitmen :wink: :)
Worst case if you dont like the music,just chop the lead going to the muff.
Best
Sanjay

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:07 pm

sanjay,
Sanjay";p="16132 wrote: The Indian shooting.com site is expensive.
AC,why not walk down to a music store and pick a good stereo head set,cost a couple of hundred tops.
You could listen to Mozart while focusing on the target,like the old world hitmen :wink: :)
Best
Sanjay
funnily enough, i've actually tried it myself once(borne out of sheer desperation....no time/place for ear muffs, but needed to test fire a shotty. it worked fine!!!

used a pair of "old style" (radio ham like) headphones, tightened the bands. seemed to work the same as formal ear muffs. if only i'd connected it to a walkman, (but then i wouldn't have heard my friend yelling "stoooooooop, you're stubbing my toe!").

i think the principles would be the same, not sure what th epurists would say though. right tools for the right job?

have fun

anand
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:20 pm

Not at all the principal of headphone & air muff is entirely different.
air muffs are big & hollow from inside which cover our entire ear.& they are much tighter than headsets.Both together makes airtight covering over the ears.
Well i am shocked that air muffs are not available in Delhi market.I bought them several times from a shop near dariyaganj.I donn remeber the name of the shop.And also a shop at Asaf ali road -dealing in Trap machines & clay birds,Pully n all.

hamiclar01";p="16149 wrote: sanjay,
Sanjay";p="16132 wrote: The Indian shooting.com site is expensive.
Best
Sanjay
funnily enough, i've actually tried it myself once(borne out of sheer desperation....no time/place for ear muffs, but needed to test fire a shotty. it worked fine!!!

used a pair of "old style" (radio ham like) headphones, tightened the bands. seemed to work the same as formal ear muffs. if only i'd connected it to a walkman, (but then i wouldn't have heard my friend yelling "stoooooooop, you're stubbing my toe!").

i think the principles would be the same, not sure what th epurists would say though. right tools for the right job?

have fun

anand

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:06 pm

quote="badshah0522";p="16151"]
Well i am shocked that air muffs are not available in Delhi market.I bought them several times from a shop near dariyaganj.I donn remeber the name of the shop.And also a shop at Asaf ali road -dealing in Trap machines & clay birds,Pully n all.
[quote="hamiclar01";p="16149"]

trying to scratch my head and remember the gunshops at asaf ali road. there is singh gun house near delite cinema, and then there is eastern arms near turkman gate, further on. do any of these names ring a bell badshah? coz if they do, i'm going to try to check them out the next time i'm around.

anand
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."