Buying Shooting/Hunting Accessories in London

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
perazzi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Buying Shooting/Hunting Accessories in London

Post by perazzi » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:34 pm

Hi ,
Am scheduled to be in London around the 19th of this month and wud be staying in/around Hounslow Rd , Feltham.
Am very keen to visit some shops selling shooting / hunting accessories and maybe pick up a nice trap/skeet shooting vest if i can get a good bargain.

Wud greatly welcome suggestions and advice on where i can visit such shops or departmental stores.

One UK pound is approx Eighty Six Inr so am certainly gonna be looking at bargains.

Do let me know.

Cheers Rohit.
Heart of a Lion , Memory of an Elephant

For Advertising mail webmaster
monty3006
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by monty3006 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:53 pm

hey rohit why don't u check out indian made trap vests too? for the money ..... these things do the job very well.
Monish

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Buying Shooting/Hunting Accessories in London

Post by hamiclar01 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:25 pm

Hi rohit!

welcome to vilayaat. if you're in london, the one store i could recommend is mays of london, somewhere near ealing, quite near the tube station. i can look up the address and let you know if you want.

as far as bargains go, here's the average:

usual summer mesh browning skeet vest is about 55£. berettas and othe brands go higher
usual local (deben) skeet vest is about 25-30£
slightly higher range (i think it's top end clonthing, given to contest winners) costs around 80ish pounds for a fleece lined, large size vest.
howver, don't forget to have your fill of gun maintaining kits, stock oils and the like. average around 20£ for a good SET, and inter store prices don't usually vary much.

as usual, online deals are cheaper. is you can get them to deliver at your hotel.

indian skeet vests are a revealation!!! where are they available? any reviews?

have fun.

anand
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

perazzi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by perazzi » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:02 pm

Monish Hi ,
From where can i get an indian made trap/skeet vest ? If you can pm me and let me know the details it wud be most helpful. Many thx.

Anand Hi ,
Wud be great if u can let me know the details of the shop and i will also be sure to buy a set of gun cleaning equipment. Many thx.

Cheers Rohit.
Heart of a Lion , Memory of an Elephant

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:47 pm

hi rohit,

mays of london is near epping...so catch the eastbound district line , get offf at epping and catch a connecting train to roding valley station. you can also phone at 0208 5056664. it might cost you a bit, since it's past zone 5

like most london gunshops, this too is actually in essex , at the very outskirts. they used to have a fantastic variety as far as guns go. i hope it still remains.

option number two is to either use the local yellow pages, or look up online the lists and details of london gun shops. see if there are any nearby.

and of course, would be worth spending some time at the new beretta gallery at st james street (no 36 i think) in central london. dekhney ke koi paisey thodi hi lagtey hain!

take care

anand
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:06 pm

Rohit,

A search on ebay yielded these results.If you fancy anything here and find the price decent,which usually is,,I have an account and can bid for you and have them delivered to you.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search. ... oting+vest

http://search.ebay.co.uk/skeet-vest_W0Q ... eNameZWLRS

Check this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CLAY-PIGEON-SKEET ... dZViewItem

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:36 pm

Gentlemen,

One of the nicest Clay Pigeon Clubs in the London suburbs http://www.surreysportingclub.co.uk/ offers special rates to our members. They can also arrange coaching in trap and skeet for our members from world class coaches if anyone is interested.

I hope that our members in the UK would check them out if they would like to. Please contact Mr John Smith at the club for any assistance or PM me for details. At the very least, you would meet a perfect gentleman if you go there - and one with an Indian connection. Mr Smith's maternal grandparents owned R B ROdda and Co in India in the days of the Raj. 8)

Cheers!

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:53 am

If in Knightbride area, visit Edward Ray Gunsmiths, their showroom is on Sloan street close to the Carlton Hotel.

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:57 am

Hi Rohit,

visit Woodys in Wembley.As u exit the tube at Wembley High street,turn left and its about 200 yards down the road.He had a good selection of what u described at least last Nov' when I visited.He also carried agood selection of airguns!

happy shopping!

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:05 am

Mehul,

Thanks for what you are trying to do for shooters.Accept them.I might take up this option.Will email you soon.Tiger did ask me a couple of times to visit him and I fully second you calling him a perfect gentleman.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:54 pm

Vikram,

If it wasn't for the IGC, I would never have come in touch with you or met Grumpy. I do owe Tiger for helping me make some very good friends! 8)

And, in the IGC's early days, he was very supportive of our little group offering us an affiliation without a moment's hesitation. There cannot be anything mroe gentlemanly than this. I hope you'll shoot at the club and post some fine pictures as always to whet our members ' appetites a little. :D The Brits have always been the world's best shotgunners - those who are serious about shotgunning as a sport could take advantage of the coaching that Tiger offers our members.

And, can anyone not like an Englishman who admires Tipu SUltan so much that he takes his login ID from Tipu's title? 8)

Cheers!