Latest price of .22 ammo

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Latest price of .22 ammo

Post by MoA » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:08 pm

eaglesharp10 wrote:hav u ever test indian bullet at this range ? .yeah at same distance(300ft) i used cci mini mag result was 1.5 inch dia , and for stinger 1 cm dia . yeah indian was horrible
A 1 cm group at 90 meters with Stingers? Are you sure? That would be phenomenal grouping. 1.5 inches is not bad either for any ammo at that range, with a run of the mill .22 lr.
dev wrote: 1984 Semi-Auto Marlin Model 60.

Regards,

Dev
That makes sense.

For Advertising mail webmaster
eaglesharp10
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by eaglesharp10 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:04 pm

A 1 cm group at 90 meters with Stingers? Are you sure? That would be phenomenal grouping. 1.5 inches is not bad either for any ammo at that range, with a run of the mill .22 lr.

once i tested old indian bullet at 120ft error was of 2 inch and happy part was that i was able to see the red line of bullet`s Trajectory :lol: . normally about 50mts i prefer imported

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:48 pm

Dear Eagle sharp,

Please watch out for the brackets when you quote a post in your reply. Please put your answer after the last set of brackets, that way your answers will appear clearer.

Regards,

Dev

-- Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:03 pm --

Hi Moa,

I remember you writing that you normally go through a brick of rimfire ammo a week.
From what I have shot of CCI Stingers is that they are great for small game but the extra oomph makes accuracy a little tricky. I would really like to know about your experience with this cartridge at 100 meters. I will hopefully doing some testing with KF's at hundred meters next week but I don't expect anything great, just trying to satisfy my curiosity.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:31 pm

eaglesharp10 wrote:
nm wrote:Winchester in Delhi can be found as low as Rs. 30-35 a pop and CCI stinger for Rs. 55 :D

NM
cool may i know the shop from where i could get at these rates in delhi?
Garg Armoury, Kashmiri Gate
and
Dalip Singh & Sons
10104, Pul Bangash, Above Sbi, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi

NM

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:54 pm

dev wrote:
Hi Moa,

I remember you writing that you normally go through a brick of rimfire ammo a week.
From what I have shot of CCI Stingers is that they are great for small game but the extra oomph makes accuracy a little tricky. I would really like to know about your experience with this cartridge at 100 meters. I will hopefully doing some testing with KF's at hundred meters next week but I don't expect anything great, just trying to satisfy my curiosity.

Regards,

Dev
Dev
Stingers are definetely not the most accurate ammo at 100 meters. However compared to the CCI standards they have a POI of about 3 inches higher.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:02 pm

That is what I had experienced with the Stingers. My rifle was accompanied with a hundred CCI mini mags when it was bought. Somehow I found my recoil buffer cracked after these hundred and some KFs. Needless to say I had to go through a lot of pain to replace it.
Ever since I have been happier with lighter loads and find the Stingers to be a waste, since I don't varmit much. Now Marlin has also issued an advisory against their use in the model 60.

eaglesharp10
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by eaglesharp10 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:20 pm

dev wrote:That is what I had experienced with the Stingers. My rifle was accompanied with a hundred CCI mini mags when it was bought. Somehow I found my recoil buffer cracked after these hundred and some KFs. Needless to say I had to go through a lot of pain to replace it.
Ever since I have been happier with lighter loads and find the Stingers to be a waste, since I don't varmit much. Now Marlin has also issued an advisory against their use in the model 60.
which is the best .22 long range bullet available in indian market?

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:51 am

I agree with Dev.CCI Stingers are a no no with older .22 rifles-i have avoided the same in my Brno Mod 1

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:42 pm

I may be wrong but normally a bolt action like the Bruno is sturdier and should be able to handle it.
The Marlin actually has a aluminum receiver and that makes me a little leary.

eaglesharp10
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by eaglesharp10 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:07 pm

today i bought eley .22 club ammo for rs 56 per ammo :( .

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:12 am

eaglesharp10 wrote:
once i tested old indian bullet at 120ft error was of 2 inch and happy part was that i was able to see the red line of bullet`s Trajectory :lol: .
Hi Eaglesharp,
The bullet with the red trajectory is a tracer round, (the bullet has a small red spot on it's tip, probably red phosphorous, which burns when fired) specifically used a couple of decades ago for tank simulator training. Those days, a stripped down bruno was mounted on the main gun fitted to a turret of a tank. The crew, go through the motions of actual battle drill commands, the shot is fired and the tracer usually red would arc its way on a small target (silhouette of tank) placed roughly 20 m away.
Bloody fun to shoot.
Regards

eaglesharp10
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by eaglesharp10 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:29 pm

hvj1 wrote:
eaglesharp10 wrote:

The bullet with the red trajectory is a tracer round, (the bullet has a small red spot on it's tip, probably red phosphorous, which burns when fired) specifically used a couple of decades ago for tank simulator training. Those days, a stripped down bruno was mounted on the main gun fitted to a turret of a tank. The crew, go through the motions of actual battle drill commands, the shot is fired and the tracer usually red would arc its way on a small target (silhouette of tank) placed roughly 20 m away.
Bloody fun to shoot.
Regards
ohhhh thats y my father used say .22 is also used in tanks now i agree :agree:

eaglesharp10
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by eaglesharp10 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:55 pm

Garg Armoury, Kashmiri Gate
and
Dalip Singh & Sons
10104, Pul Bangash, Above Sbi, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi