Blurred scope

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Blurred scope

Post by sudhaiob » Mon May 05, 2008 4:15 pm

hello everybody
My bushnell scope mounted on .22 diana mod 52 has an appearance of having received a smudge of oil. M questions atre
1. is it due to fungus growth.
2. can i open the scope and wipe it clean with a cloth or what is the suitable material.
3. does opening the scope lead to the discharge of the nitrogen gas so that the scope becomes more susceptible to more growth
4. can somebody suggest a competent optical dealer in TN.
Thanks
sudhaiob

For Advertising mail webmaster
cherian.k.k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Blurred scope

Post by cherian.k.k » Mon May 05, 2008 8:06 pm

people who repair camaras can help you.
cherian

hock ann
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hock ann » Mon May 05, 2008 8:23 pm

Hi Sudhaiob, the views from your scope might not be clear due to Fungus, a web-type coating in the lenses occures mostily in damp climate but don't try to open & clean it up yourself if you don't have the proper tools you might break the lenses or chip it & the cross-hairs too, the lenses are attached to the tube with the help of the rings having threads which have to be opened first.better to go to Lawrence & Mayor if they have a branch at your place since in Kolkata they do the cleaning job for Rs500/- with the help of fine lense cleaning tissues & lense cleaning solution. I have seen quiet a lot of scopes but the original scopes if filled with nitro is always written on the body of the scope "NITROGEN FILLED"
HK,

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Fri May 09, 2008 3:38 am

sudhaiob";p="43462 wrote: hello everybody
My bushnell scope mounted on .22 diana mod 52 has an ''''''''''''''''
sudhaiob
Go to an optican shop.. get some lens cleaning fluild and a chamois cleaner... use that as a first defense.

If that does not help.. your scope probably has a leak..in which case toss it and get a new one.

Not worth the trouble of trying to get it cleaned ather than factory warranty.
Even if you send it to a gunsmith/scope smith in India I doubt if they are able to provide a permanent solution.