Archery Interested Members On IFG

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
rajatsahgal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Archery Interested Members On IFG

Post by rajatsahgal » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi Marthandan,

Interesting points from you! I recently developed interest in archery, use to be more into athletic sports a few years ago but guess after a certain point you want to try more adventurous games and archery certainly has given me that excitement. However I believe this sport has a long way to go in our country as right now very minute % of people are really into it , exception : the ones who participate at asian and olympic levels! But as a hobby or leisure sport right now there are a very few takers.

Raj

For Advertising mail webmaster
arnabmit
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by arnabmit » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:51 pm

Anyone from Kolkata interested in Bow, Arrow or Blade making? :?: :?: :?:

BowMan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by BowMan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:53 pm

Count me in.

Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ganesh TT » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:40 pm

santhosh wrote:Good piece of info, but when i called them the phone number seems to be temporarily disconnected.

Regards
santhosh.B

-- Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:09 pm --

Good piece of info, but when i called them the phone number seems to be temporarily disconnected.

Regards
santhosh.B

Santhosh - Being u are from Chennai & if you are really interested to pursue this course..kindly go and contact them directly in the venue instead of disappointed by making by calls.
Coaching Classes Location & timing
6:00 AM to 8:30 AM
Every Saturday and Sunday
At Quaid-E-Millath Government College
Mount road, Chennai.

All the very best...buddy :)
Thanks

GANESH TT

Morcos
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Morcos » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:39 am

My location is Bangalore and Very much interested in Archery . Indeed bought a Initek Recurve bow and arrows from Decathlon sports center and got trained some weekends by a Archer from Decathlon. But now not used to go there because of official work and tight schedules. My questions is i would like to buy some accessories like sights and balancer/stand.
Is there any online shop or stores around southindia or bangalore location ?

Thanks in Advance.... Appreciate your Help !!

Thanks
Arun
Thanks
Arun

pinaze
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by pinaze » Fri May 15, 2015 2:44 pm

Hi,

This is Sanand's profile:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanand_Mitra

if there are any queries that you would have with regards to archery training, equipments, etc. he is the best guy... Based in Pune, he has 2 academies & tied up with a few countries... I got his phone no: 07354069955 & 09960291205...

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:38 am

I have recently (last year) purchased a very basic takedown bow from Decathlon, Thane. Didn't want to blow a lot of cash on what might just end up as a wall hanging.

Decathlon also provides basic classes for kids and weekend classes for working people. I did sign up for a 3 weekend class, but unfortunately could attend for only 1.5 weekends due to unavoidable issues. The classes are quite basic, tailored to people whose only experience with bows so far has been limited to Amar Chitra Katha. And they make us use the "toy" arrows with the suction cups on the tip :evil:

The pointy arrows Decathlon sells go for about 399 each, and they also sell spare fletches (50 pack for 199), bowstrings, arm guards, etc. etc.

You won't get to Olympic standards or even State levels with these bows, but as long as I am having fun, who the heck cares about a piece of gilted copper??? Got too much competition in my day job, as it is!! :mrgreen:
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

astronomy.domaine
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by astronomy.domaine » Tue May 19, 2015 6:15 pm

essdee1972 wrote:I have recently (last year) purchased a very basic takedown bow from Decathlon, Thane. Didn't want to blow a lot of cash on what might just end up as a wall hanging.

Decathlon also provides basic classes for kids and weekend classes for working people. I did sign up for a 3 weekend class, but unfortunately could attend for only 1.5 weekends due to unavoidable issues. The classes are quite basic, tailored to people whose only experience with bows so far has been limited to Amar Chitra Katha. And they make us use the "toy" arrows with the suction cups on the tip :evil:

The pointy arrows Decathlon sells go for about 399 each, and they also sell spare fletches (50 pack for 199), bowstrings, arm guards, etc. etc.

You won't get to Olympic standards or even State levels with these bows, but as long as I am having fun, who the heck cares about a piece of gilted copper??? Got too much competition in my day job, as it is!! :mrgreen:
@ essdee bhai, if i am not wrong, thats the Intech bow that you purchased from decathlon. I am kind of fence sitting on whether to go for it or accumulate some liquid assets to invest on a (definitely more exciting) compound bow :)
Can you pls share the poundage and range for your bow . also, are there different draw weight options available for this model? Well, i am just looking at shooting arrows for fun and not competitive archery, but still would want a bow with decent amount of power.

Cheers
"...there is no spoon..."!

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Wed May 20, 2015 9:47 am

I haven't tried the range fully, but should be good for 15-20 m (at least). No different draw weights available. Can't comment on the accuracy at those ranges, as I have yet to start practising seriously. What happens is, when I want to shoot something, and pick up the bow, the air rifles on the wall stare at me accusingly, and I end up shooting pellets!

There are 2 models available in Decathlon, this one is the cheaper beginner version. The more expensive one is about 4K, and sorry, I didn't check out the specs on that one.

I too wanted a compound bow, but since the price difference is too much, I went for this one, just to see whether I do shoot or use the bow as home decor! Right now, this one is not even home decor, but clutter!

Thanks for reminding me to practice!!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

Maverick archer
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Maverick archer » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:36 pm

Amarbir[Lynx-India] wrote:Hi Guys ,
Could You Please Tell Me If We Have Some Archery Fans Out Here On IFG And Also Some Experts ,I Would Like To Meet Some In Chandigarh
Hi I am interested in Archery & I am from Delhi. Sorry if I am posting this in a wrong thread. I am a new member & would like some help from fellow members in order to learn the the art of Archery.
I live in South Delhi, if anyone can help with me with details about Archery coaching in & around South Delhi.
I would also like to know what it will take to acquire a decent bow, either compound or recurve & the costs involved.

I am quite new to this field as in terms of experience I only have a beginners bow from Decathlon & fired a fews hundred shots when I was in Mumbai a year earlier.

It will be great if I can get some good information regarding starting my passion for Archery.

More suggestions are welcom.

Thanks in Advance !