Khukris Wanted

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Khukris Wanted

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Sat May 26, 2007 8:28 am

Sanjay";p="20530 wrote: Ranjeet Please do share your experience importing the Khuks from Nepal,it would benefit the all the members keen to lay their hands on one.
Himalayan Imports is based out of the US,hence the request since you have imported direct from Nepal.
How much did it cost,hassles if any.
Sanjay - I had them ordered and posted from Nepal to Munich to a friend's place and got a couple back in my checked in baggage when returning..

Well, I am yet to see a better khukri than the one from Himalayan imports which Mack The Knife has.
I got mine from Khukriknife.com a bulk order of 10 khuks , makes the shipping cheaper. All together it had cost me about 320 Euros for 10, including shipping.. so about INR 1700 (approx for each). The blade might be comparable to Himalyan imports khuk but the sheath and the handle is better in Himalyan imports, of course at $100 each..or $140 for the Ang Khola.

If someone wants a really good working khukri and willing to spend upwards of $100, then Himalayan imports is a good choice..Can always ask someone or bring it back yourself from US.

And ofcourse there are so many of them available in Gangtok's Lal Bazaar and Darjeeling, siliguri..and all those places..for below INR 1000 and they are sometimes worth their price..I have a couple of these as well from Gangtok..and they are worth their price of INR 500...good enough to open up tender coconuts :wink:

Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

For Advertising mail webmaster
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Sat May 26, 2007 4:57 pm

Pran";p="20520 wrote:Sniper,
Please do post pics of the khukri.Is it one of those cosmetic ones sold to tourists or is it usable?

Pran
Very much useable - ill try and upload a pic

paddy
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by paddy » Sun May 27, 2007 4:48 pm

Hi,

I know of one shop namely M/s Pati Ram in Garhi - Dehradoon Cantonment who makes real good Khukris. Prices vary from Rs. 500 to Rs. 2500/- as Ranjeet has already suggested on the type and usage.
Besides, they also make decorated show pieces that make good gifts and display.

Cheers!

Paddy

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:00 pm

paddy";p="20571 wrote: Hi,

I know of one shop namely M/s Pati Ram in Garhi - Dehradoon Cantonment who makes real good Khukris. Prices vary from Rs. 500 to Rs. 2500/- as Ranjeet has already suggested on the type and usage.
Besides, they also make decorated show pieces that make good gifts and display.

Cheers!

PaddyIn Amritsar KIRPAN manufactring factories also manufacture Khukris of different sizes and are licensed for manufactuing some small ones are as small as 5 inches apart from this during religious fairs such as HOLA and JOR MELA you can get a good choice of not only Khukris but other pointed arms also .

yash3_great

Post by yash3_great » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:27 pm

From the pictures on the website I can see that Himalayan Exports has its factory in Nepal. Would they be willing to sell Khuks direct from factory? If anyone has any info on this, please share.

Also, any experience with the quality of Khuks being sold by Khukriwala of Doon?

http://www.khukriwala.com/