kukri

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
salmansaleem
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

kukri

Post by salmansaleem » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:12 pm

Hey guys ,
im obsessed with nepalese kukri , but im not able to buy one online cause the sellers email me saying due to the customs rules in india they are not able to ship it :? , except one website www,thekhukurihouse.com , but what disturbs me is they say theres a chance customs will confiscate it and i may loose my money like that or by luck i might just simply get it shipped

how do i buy khukuri blades to india by online ordering?
or
im from banglore , do we get khukuri from any sellers in banglore?
im an outdoor freak , really into trekking so i need the real deal , not replicas :D

For Advertising mail webmaster
Motorpsycho
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: kukri

Post by Motorpsycho » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:35 am

I am lusting after a Sirupate and I have asked a watchmen near my house from Nepal to pick one for me. Realistically, it will be a lot easier to get hold of a local blacksmith, keep a keen note on the quenching and materials used.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:53 pm

Khukris are great knives and serve their owners well.
However, for trekking, I would pick something significantly smaller.
A Khukri has limited uses for a hiker. It is like using a bulldozer to dig a hole to plant a flower.
It will work but...

Please also consider the laws against carrying a knife as large as that.
It could get you in trouble and/or result in the confiscation of the knife.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Raghvendrasingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Raghvendrasingh » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:22 am

You can buy kukris from ex gurkha khukri house. Owner is himal giri and Ishwor raj giri. I trust these guys. I visited nepal and bought 3 chirra kukri and a 6 inch black kukri, bring them to my home in U.P. . Checkout this link https://nepalkhukurihouse.com/ .
One thing more bro if you visit their store in nepal then you find the same kukris very cheap there.

Added in 3 minutes 48 seconds:
Check the video to take a at look kukris -
....brave by heart, honest by nature and wicked by brain.....

salmansaleem
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by salmansaleem » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:47 pm

Raghvendrasingh wrote:You can buy kukris from ex gurkha khukri house. Owner is himal giri and Ishwor raj giri. I trust these guys. I visited nepal and bought 3 chirra kukri and a 6 inch black kukri, bring them to my home in U.P. . Checkout this link https://nepalkhukurihouse.com/ .
One thing more bro if you visit their store in nepal then you find the same kukris very cheap there.

Added in 3 minutes 48 seconds:
Check the video to take a at look kukris -
Bro but i cant go nepal '-' , but i checked them out. The thing is theyll ship. But theres a risk it wont reach me as its illegal for shipmenting kukri to india :/ they had 9 orders from india this year and from that 1 got confiscated , rest reached.

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:04 am

Visit Darjeeling you will find shops in nehuru bazzar that sell quality kukhris. Some had yalk horn Handel's too. if you can differentiate between quality one and tourist junk then buy one

chetan4shooting
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by chetan4shooting » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:18 pm

goondasmani wrote:Visit Darjeeling you will find shops in nehuru bazzar that sell quality kukhris. Some had yalk horn Handel's too. if you can differentiate between quality one and tourist junk then buy one
Khukriwala is good in doon