best fixed blade value for money knife!!!

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
TariqThePathan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

best fixed blade value for money knife!!!

Post by TariqThePathan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:15 pm

Hi,
Looking to buy an outdoor knife. Should have a thick blade and could be used to skin and cut through bone and strong!!! Most of all it should not be overpriced!!! Any suggestions here?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Raghvendrasingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: best fixed blade value for money knife!!!

Post by Raghvendrasingh » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:10 pm

Schrade schf9
Schrade schf52m
....brave by heart, honest by nature and wicked by brain.....

choombak
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by choombak » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:17 am

TariqThePathan wrote:Hi,
Looking to buy an outdoor knife. Should have a thick blade and could be used to skin and cut through bone and strong!!! Most of all it should not be overpriced!!! Any suggestions here?
If you provide more details, knowledgeable members can help you better. For a start:
1. What blade length are you aiming for?
2. What is your upper limit on the price? Does it include shipping? What is overpriced?
3. How thick is thick? I assume you know the thickness is inversely proportional to the slicing ability.
4. What is strong?

And so on. You get the idea... :-)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Last edited by choombak on Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:26 pm

Good questions Choombak

Taking a wild guess, without knowing any of the above info, I would suggest the Khukri :)
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

peacelover
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by peacelover » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:42 pm

Hey dear members.
For afordable survival blade schf 9 ,but
For skinning litle knife is more preferable as you can guide it through your index finger when slitting the abdomen and skin tissue,Mora of sweden is best choice ,cold steel has some good afordable skinning knives too.
For pure luxury as well as working blades BUSSE knives with infi steel is the best choice.

peacelover
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by peacelover » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:52 pm

Toughness of the blade is important for large survival knife.
Hardness and ease of sharpening is important for skinning knife.
Sadly as toughness increases hardness decreases and vice versa.

As Hardness increases blade becomes brittle and is not preferable for survival knife as you may chop,baton wood.

Infi steel has the right balance between toughness and hardness it is also rust resistant for some extent. Other cheaper steels like 1095,O1 and 5160 are also good but they rust.

peacelover
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by peacelover » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:01 pm

As you all are more knowledgeable than me, and we all are members of this respected group ,Iam just reminding that Blade should be less than 9 inches acording to Indian law and hunting is banned (Just a reminder dear members ,please dont take it othereise)

Sci-fic
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sci-fic » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:16 pm

peacelover wrote:As you all are more knowledgeable than me, and we all are members of this respected group ,Iam just reminding that Blade should be less than 9 inches acording to Indian law and hunting is banned (Just a reminder dear members ,please dont take it othereise)
Well said sir, even i was kind of schoked to see the query with the " to cut through skin, bone by our respected member, yet we dont know the purpose you seek, we just wish you to saty in legal limits and take it as a mere reminder, good luck

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:37 pm

Requirement for cutting through skin & bone would be there for anyone who is butchering meat at home. Not everyone buys their meat "ready to cook" from the market, especially those living in rural/ semi-rural areas.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

peacelover
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by peacelover » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:16 pm

I totally respect your opinion sir,even I have a little farm and sometimes I process meat by myself....As myself being a medico I enjoy working with meat ;)

peacelover
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by peacelover » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:18 pm

I also totally respect the question which sir has asked at first place.....regarding surviaval knife.....Cheers. :-)

peacelover
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by peacelover » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:58 pm

Sci-fic wrote:
peacelover wrote:As you all are more knowledgeable than me, and we all are members of this respected group ,Iam just reminding that Blade should be less than 9 inches acording to Indian law and hunting is banned (Just a reminder dear members ,please dont take it othereise)
Well said sir, even i was kind of schoked to see the query with the " to cut through skin, bone by our respected member, yet we dont know the purpose you seek, we just wish you to saty in legal limits and take it as a mere reminder, good luck

You can call me peacelover sir,Am just a 27 yr old fellow who loves guns and knives(thanks to my old man and movies which I watch with him),Joined this family to learn more from all of you so that I can be a responsible citizen of this great country INDIA ....Jai Hind ......Sorry am little off the topic...I apologise for this. :-)

Sci-fic
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sci-fic » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:31 am

Nice to hear that from you peacelover, u have joined a good place to venture into your collection before buying or taking any step please do take the valuable advice from this forum because most of the police and other authorities doesn't know the difference between Airsoft, air rifle and firearm and adding insult to the injury the new arms rules have also came which itself has its own hassel morefuly the present situation in the country can be drawn from the following joke which i came across

"Law has been enacted in the country that all goats must be arrested, hearing this one of the dog also started running out of country along with all other goats, a goat asked the dog as why he is running out of the country the dog replied that if he is mistaken for a goat and arrested it would take his whole life time to prove that he his a dog and not a goat"

peacelover
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by peacelover » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:05 pm

Very valuable advice sir ji.....You have said the very words from my mind......Sadly because of this I dont collect knives or any airsoft ,my dad is around 75years old ,I enjoy listening to his stories...He and my mom had few in there collection but all are gone now,because of license renewal problems .My parents had Colt cobra .32,erma .32,Anchutz 22,Mannlicher 7.92, and an English DB.

But sir I read somewhere that Men are attracted to solid things like steel because there DNA...In early evolution days solid things like stone and iron later on helped earlyman to survive ,as he used them for protection and farming....

This might be the reason I love steel alot....so thinking to collect BUSSE without any edge...and thinking to custom order a 1911 non working replica carved from solid block of stainless steel .....without any muzzle hole or any moving parts,No moving slide,no moving trigger ,no mechanism just a solid block of steel in shape of 1911 govt model ,1911 commander and 1911 defender.

Iam a law abiding citizen who keeps LAW above anything because this helps to live life peacefully.I thought of getting a license but I dont like used things(There is some Psychological thing in me to keep every thing in mint condition)and sadly I dont like how Indian Ashani looks.Moreover getting a license is also a headache...

Added in 44 minutes 33 seconds:
Sorry I might sound crazy :-)

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:31 am

Busse Without and edge?

Is it for the INFI Steel??

If steel is that imp, import blanks, you can get blanks of any super steel S110V being an example, and then have your shape grinded out right here in India.

But if you want INFI then BUSSE is your only bet. All the best

Regards,
-P
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."