Let's introduce my one of the favorite EDC knife

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
Fury
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Let's introduce my one of the favorite EDC knife

Post by Fury » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi Friends....

Just wanted to share my personal review of my Ontario RAT 1 folder knife. This is the one of my best knife for EDC. Below is the specifications:

Overall Length: 8.625"​
Blade Length: 3.625"​
Cutting Edge: 3.375"​
Blade Steel: AUS-8​​
Handle Material: Nylon 6​
Closed Length: 5.00"​
Weight: 5oz.

I am a big fan of this knife. Overall build quality is excellent with nice finish on both metal parts and nylon scales. It just feels good in my hands. The flipper action is super smooth and the liner lock engages properly with resounding snap. The blade is perfectly centered and came factory sharp. The knife is made in Taiwan with Japanese AUS 8 steel. The liner is not skeletonized and the overall weight of the knife is tad heavy with oversized handle. The nylon scales are fairly tame but in practicality, it will not shred your pants pocket like more aggressively textured G-10. The pocket clip is 4 position type and has moderately strong spring action.

I am also attaching some pictures of my RAT 1.

Thanks....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
ibalajis
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Let's introduce my one of the favorite EDC knife

Post by ibalajis » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:14 pm

Great blade isn't it? I also got mine last week [emoji7] Image

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:51 pm

Congratulations gentlemen! This is going to sound silly but I have a question though.
Where and how do you gents put these blades to use within the city? Like most forum members I too love my blades and have a few fixed Muela's but haven't been able to do diddly squat with them so far. It would be great if you gents can share how and when one could use them other than for outdoor camping. @ibalajis- inspired by one of your earlier posts and ideas I have also set up a sort of a home range to be able to plink when I want....tx for that chief!

Sent from my SM-A500G using Tapatalk

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:40 pm

My daily carry happens to be the Rat 2 :mrgreen:
What i like most about it is the slim profile and the light weight, it disappears once clipped to the pocket. The Aus8 steel holds an edge decently and is easy to sharpen back to a razor. Love the way it fits in the hand too.
The only con is that with a few months of daily carry, the coating on the clip has started to wear off.
20170126_135827.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

ibalajis
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: RE: Re: Let's introduce my one of the favorite EDC knife

Post by ibalajis » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:11 pm

SMJ wrote:Congratulations gentlemen! This is going to sound silly but I have a question though.
Where and how do you gents put these blades to use within the city? Like most forum members I too love my blades and have a few fixed Muela's but haven't been able to do diddly squat with them so far. It would be great if you gents can share how and when one could use them other than for outdoor camping. @ibalajis- inspired by one of your earlier posts and ideas I have also set up a sort of a home range to be able to plink when I want....tx for that chief!

Sent from my SM-A500G using Tapatalk
Thanks SMJ, I am glad my idea helped :)