importing Barnett Quad 400 Crossbow

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
sairamrao
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

importing Barnett Quad 400 Crossbow

Post by sairamrao » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:47 am

hello friends.
i want to import this Barnett Quad 400 Crossbow.are there any restrictions on importing crossbows into india?
this costs around 90,000/- in india and only 280$ (nearly 20,000rs) in USA.
so what are the ways to import a cross bow or compound bow?
are there any restrictions on power of a bow?
do i need any special documents to import one?
thanks in advance. :)
-with great power,comes great responsibility-

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: importing Barnett Quad 400 Crossbow

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:55 pm

Cross bow is archery/ sports equipment. Last time when checked DGFT website, the import policy for archery equipment was free. It means you do not have to follow regulations to submit paperwork to import crossbow. Go to DGFT website, click on downloads link on the top, if the goods that you are trying to import are not in prohibited, restricted or STE items list, it means they are free.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

sairamrao
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sairamrao » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:57 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:Cross bow is archery/ sports equipment. Last time when checked DGFT website, the import policy for archery equipment was free. It means you do not have to follow regulations to submit paperwork to import crossbow. Go to DGFT website, click on downloads link on the top, if the goods that you are trying to import are not in prohibited, restricted or STE items list, it means they are free.
thank you.i will check with them.if it's not prohibited,do i need to pay any customs tax?if so how much it will be?
-with great power,comes great responsibility-

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:42 pm

They are certainly not prohibited, most unlikely to be restricted, most likely free. Just check to confirm from the website. First ascertain the ITC(HS) code applicable for the cross bow. Once you get the applicable code, you will also find if you will have to pay tax or not or how much. For example code 93 is for arms etc. 95 is for toys, sports goods and accessories etc.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992