Good Quality knike in kolkata

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
sandipanfreaks
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Good Quality knike in kolkata

Post by sandipanfreaks » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:11 am

where can i find good quality knife in kolkata?

For Advertising mail webmaster
essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Good Quality knike in kolkata

Post by essdee1972 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:35 am

Friend, if you look through the forum you'll find answers to every question on guns and knives that anyone can care to ask.

But since you've asked, let me try to give some fundamentals.

First, what is "good quality". It finally depends on your budget. Good quality for a Maruti car doesn't mean the same as it does for a Lamborghini.

So, what's your budget? Below a couple of thousand, you're definitely in Nano territory as far as knives go. There was a post on a knife shop in Kolkata a few months back. Try that one. Or take a walk around Dharmotolla area and get some Chinese stuff from the roadside. Or walk into any hypermarket and buy an Indian made kitchen knife. But, since you are from Kolkata, let me quote a Bengali proverb, shostar teen abostha. Be prepared with a similar budget every few days / weeks / months.

Above a couple of thousand, find any Basecamp store and buy a Victorinox (you can also order online). Maybe the gun shops in aforementioned Dharmotolla sell knives too. A basic Muela or Nieto.

Go into Volkswagen / Honda / Toyota territory. Order online from knife center. There are threads here suggesting the best ways of getting one, to save on shipping.

A note on "Chinese" stuff. When I (and most others) say "don't buy Chinese", we mean "don't buy unbranded or Chinese-branded Chinese stuff". Or fakes. An iPhone is made in China. It's a good phone. But they also make fake iPhones. And they also sell some Guang Huang or similar phones, look exactly like an iPhone. So, if you buy a Cold Steel knife made in China from knife center, you'll get a genuine Cold Steel knife, which has been legally subcontracted to a Chinese manufacturer by Cold Steel. The same knife on ebay or the roadside can (and probably will) be a fake one. And you'll not know the difference unless it breaks. Compare prices. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

You want more knowledge, make friends with the Kolkata IFGians. You'll get literally tonnes of information.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Good Quality knike in kolkata

Post by goondasmani » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:39 am

THE best answer from guru esdee