New Addition - Bark River Fox River 2

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

New Addition - Bark River Fox River 2

Post by kshitij » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:53 pm

This is the latest addition to my humble collection of knives. It is the Bark River Fox River 2 in A2 tool steel with antique ivory micarta handles, mosaic pins and red liners.

I was looking to get a knife with a different design and feel to the ones that I already have. Majority of my knives are along the tactical design lines and have some kind of coating to protect the blades. There is no denying that I like them that way but it was time i tried something else. After some looking around, I decided to try something from Bark Rivers line. Deciding the knife model was fairly easy. I liked the Fox River shape but found the Standard to be too small in blade length and the Magnum to be too big in overall length. Hence decided on the 5 inch blade Fox River 2. Then came the hard part of deciding what handle scales to go with. There was everything from stag horn to ram horn to coloured camel bone to some out of the world exotic woods to choose from along with the usual micarta options. I had a tough time deciding between some of the exotic wood handles. But finally the antique ivory micarta really caught my eye. The mosaic pins and the red liners only added to the appeal. So it was decided then.
Few pictures to share
The Bark River Fox River 2
1444550590520.jpg
First production run
1444550580253.jpg
Mosaic Pin detail shot
20151011_124424-1.jpg
Handle liner detail
20151011_124508-1.jpg
With the Böker Vox Rold and Esee 5
20151011_124641-1.jpg
Added in 21 minutes 35 seconds:
Things about the knife I am in love with:
-The craftsmanship and how well it is made and finished. The grind, the polish, the alignment of the liners and the handles scales are all perfect. Really high level of fit and finish.
-The convex grind. Not only does this knife come with a perfect convex grind but it is also really easy to keep sharp. Few passes on a leather strop and you are set.
-The handle :)

Things I am not a big fan of
-The blade, being uncoated, needs regular attention to keep rust free.
-The price! Especially since we in India have to pay close to twice of what they are actually worth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Raghvendrasingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: New Addition - Bark River Fox River 2

Post by Raghvendrasingh » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:47 pm

From where you sourced it bro?
....brave by heart, honest by nature and wicked by brain.....