My new EDC and I love it!

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
caracass77
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

My new EDC and I love it!

Post by caracass77 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:07 am

Hello sirs,

Sorry, I am/was on a little spree. Have not posted/looked here for a while. Kinda heavy days for me, so please do forgive me.

The bug bit me again. I was watching some really random stupid show where this guy takes a tiny knife and makes brief slashes at the incoming, and turns out that the bad guys are in agony (not dying). But you see very little of what!

With a little research, I found out it was a little Karambit-like knife, but not quite. It was a folder. Not a real big fan of Karambits because well, even if folded, they sort of stick out and there were not many likable sorts. Well, they ARE beautiful shape-wise and all that, but not exactly an EDC sort. (Definitely wouldn't carry a neck knife in a city, they are easy to spot-like)

So I looked a little and stumbled upon this little knife because of its #1 'smallness' #2 -- easily fits in the pocket!

#Not VERY sharp but that can be taken care of, and it opens plastic and cardboard easily.

So presenting the Kershaw Shuffle:

[Image]

Kept against me glasses so you get a general idea of the 'smallness'. The blacks are really blacks and somewhat jarring, thanks to the shoddy lighting and 3 am photography, please do forgive me for that.

[Image]

Half opened

[Image]

The little claw-like thing at the left is actually a bottle opener -- not that some of us need it -- cans and pop-tops are more popular these days :) The thingjammy at the very bottom apparently can be used as a make-belief screwdriver but I don't see where it is gonna fit.

How small is this!

[Image]

The blade too, is small, but can be made razor sharp. Though, not the best -- 3cr13, soft metal. So I think a roller sharpener would turn it into a glorified butter knife :(

[Image]

Sorry for the poor lighting, but then this was a rant. Many apologies, just wanted to share :). In all, for roughly Rs 1800/-, pretty useful. Obviously no Karambit, but more like a semi-claw if that is even a term! And you NEED to make sure the blade is LOCKED alright.

And today (otherwise I live under a rock so to say). I find out they have an upgrade. Bigger too, with a BETTER blade. :(

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: My new EDC and I love it!

Post by aadhaulya » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:57 am

Nice little thing to keep carry it in your car. Why would you like to carry it around in your pocket the whole day. It could be considered a weapon by some one.

Atul

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:00 am

aadhaulya wrote:Nice little thing to keep carry it in your car. Why would you like to carry it around in your pocket the whole day. It could be considered a weapon by some one.
Atul
Hi Caracass77!

Congrats on your new acquisition.....Cute, yet functional knife!!!!
As to the "Highlighted" text above.....Chuck Norris was once asked at an airport, as to whether he was carrying any dangerous weapons....
His reply was "My Hands"!!!!

Briha

caracass77
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by caracass77 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:22 am

aadhaulya wrote:Nice little thing to keep carry it in your car. Why would you like to carry it around in your pocket the whole day. It could be considered a weapon by some one.

Yes sir, absolutely. As for the carrying it around, it simply out of habit (and not all the time). Besides, I only ever use it to open boxes and knots and such :)

Atul
Added in 2 minutes 22 seconds:
brihacharan wrote:
Atul
Hi Caracass77!

Congrats on your new acquisition.....Cute, yet functional knife!!!!
As to the "Highlighted" text above.....Chuck Norris was once asked at an airport, as to whether he was carrying any dangerous weapons....
His reply was "My Hands"!!!!

Briha
Oh thank you sir! The cuteness won me over! :D A BIG ROLF for the Chuck Norris statement!! :lol: