Beretta Loveless Hunter & Skinner Knives

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Beretta Loveless Hunter & Skinner Knives

Post by Vikram » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:04 pm

Thought I would share the great bargains I found. It was Grumpy who pointed me to them half a decade ago extolling their virtues and their bargain price.
The bottom one is the Hunter model and the top one is the Skinner model. The Hunter has a half-tang whereas the Skinner has a full tang. Both come with a genuine leather sheath with the Beretta logo embossed.

My impression: The quality and design speak for themselves. Very sturdy and scary sharp to my novice eyes. The leather sheath is well made too. A Bob Loveless design made in Japan for Beretta. If they were original Loveless knives, I would have had to pay a fortune that I did not have. I am happy with the knives.

Now comes the price tag. $42 for each! Beat that. :wink: :D

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

For Advertising mail webmaster
kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Beretta Loveless Hunter & Skinner Knives

Post by kshitij » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:11 pm

Beautiful beautiful knives :)
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:49 am

Lovely knives. The price is also reasonable.

Atul

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:59 am

Interesting! Great Price!
Can you tell us what materials they are made of?
Also the blade dimensions?
..and where did you get it?

The reason that I am asking is that Bark River also offers the Loveless designed knife with a 3.775 inch blade.
In Ironwood and Elmax it is a whopping $265.96. This is a long bolster version.
http://www.knivesshipfree.com/bark-rive ... ronwood-6/

They also offer it in A2 steel (short bolster version) for $212.00
http://www.knivesshipfree.com/bark-rive ... d-edition/

I was wondering if your knife was smaller or the same size as the Bark River version.

Of course there is a difference between the knives but is there that much of a difference?
Anything that says Bark River on it seems to be priced higher than average.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:28 pm

Cheers, folks.

XL,

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta ... /jk205a02/
In the knife world, no name has greater magic than R.W. Loveless. During the peak of Loveless’ popularity, if you wanted an original, you had to be prepared to wait three years or pay thousands because the demand outstripped supply for three decades. Before his passing, Beretta teamed up with the master maker to create the first line of series-manufactured Loveless-style knives. This Loveless Zytel Skinner features a hollow ground blade with reinforced spine for extra strength and durability.

The US made, vegetable tanned leather sheaths, stamped with the Beretta Trident Logo, are designed especially for the quality of the knife and the rigors of the hunt. The deep pockets and rollover belt loops provide great knife security.

Overall length 8”, blade length 3.38" Knife made in Japan. Sheath made in the US.
The steel is AUS 8 Stainless Steel. I would think that is perfectly adequate for the use they are intended for.

The knives may look small in the photos but they are not. The blade is quite chunky as can be made out from the photo of the spine.

I bought them off Amazon from Knife Centre. The same seller lists them on ebay too.

The Bark River knives look good but I do not know if they are four-five times better than these knives. Up to the individual buyer, I guess. I will not spend that kind of money on knives but then I am tight fisted. :wink:

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."