fooled by a seller on ebay

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

fooled by a seller on ebay

Post by goondasmani » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:26 pm

i brought sog trident from the ebay seller freaknfools and it reached to me on time but on opening there is no sog box some leaflets of sog and some catalog no bill on opening the blade the blade seems sharp but poor quality and doesnot close properly the lock slides and locks the blade from closing and opening i asked the seller and he told to return the product to him but wat about the money should i return the product experienced buyers help
Last edited by goondasmani on Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: fooled by ebay

Post by hamiclar01 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:33 pm

ALWAYS communicate with the seller through ebay itself.
If he asks you to return the product, do so. He will give you a refund. You can clarify how this will be processed by asking him

I know it is frustrating, but most online sellers are afraid of negative ratings. Be patient, persistent and do not deal with him independently of ebay, else you will lose their buyer protection.
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:55 pm

thank you for your reply hamiclar

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:40 pm

Suggestion: steer clear of ebay India (ebay.in). And when on ebay.com or amazon.com, steer clear of people from our big northern neighbour.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:02 pm

Ebay DOES NOT fool anyone, some sellers do. It's the buyer's duty to take a wise call on purchase, as well as report any cheats to ebay for fix. Ebay is only a marketplace.

I wonder why people say otherwise, but ebay(in/com) are perfectly reliable if one keeps an eye for ratings & timelines. I've been buying/selling there from a while & never once had to go through a bad patch. The Paisapay thing is very robust with refunds & such, just like the ebay guarantee at its global site. The seller gets the money ONLY after the buyer fully accepts the delivery(mostly).

The OP is not mentioning if he took the steps that a buyer should do for a bad delivery. An ebay claim must be opened in time for any official refunds or returns. If that is done, ebay will take care of the rest. His case should come under 'Item not as described', & keep ALL such communication inside ebay messaging.

Those chinese ebay sellers are very scared of negative rating even if they have many thousand points to them. I've lost count of how many times they refunded me at end of timeline.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

Raghvendrasingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Raghvendrasingh » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:39 pm

Hi goondasmani
I also bought 3 knives from the same seller at ebay.in but they are good. I bought ontario rat folder 1, esee izula and koch & heckler investigator knife bp1. I m satisfied by the seller. You can check the knives in my thread- "New Knives".
....brave by heart, honest by nature and wicked by brain.....

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:13 am

raghvendra i have seen your thread but in my case the blade doesnot lock up properly the lock moves up and down and preventing from opening it i wil post pics soon

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:16 am

estousandy wrote:Ebay DOES NOT fool anyone, some sellers do. It's the buyer's duty to take a wise call on purchase, as well as report any cheats to ebay for fix. Ebay is only a marketplace.

I wonder why people say otherwise, but ebay(in/com) are perfectly reliable if one keeps an eye for ratings & timelines. I've been buying/selling there from a while & never once had to go through a bad patch. The Paisapay thing is very robust with refunds & such, just like the ebay guarantee at its global site. The seller gets the money ONLY after the buyer fully accepts the delivery(mostly).

The OP is not mentioning if he took the steps that a buyer should do for a bad delivery. An ebay claim must be opened in time for any official refunds or returns. If that is done, ebay will take care of the rest. His case should come under 'Item not as described', & keep ALL such communication inside ebay messaging.

Those chinese ebay sellers are very scared of negative rating even if they have many thousand points to them. I've lost count of how many times they refunded me at end of timeline.
name changed but its their concern that a buyer shouldnt be cheated

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: fooled by a seller on ebay

Post by nagarifle » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:51 am

welcome to flecebay, take more care or get fleced
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:00 am

You can return the product if you are not satisfied with the product then you can return them and you will surely get the reply.
Keep knives in your pocket and pray that you will never need it

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:30 pm

confused now the seller has given address to return the product will i get the refund ? bye the way the knife looks sharp and the only problem i got is the lock which slides up and down causing the blade to lock some times cannot close and sometimes cannot open

Raghvendrasingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Raghvendrasingh » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:56 pm

Hey bro .....
return it without any confusion. You have paid for it so just get your money back. otherwise ask for an exchange to fixed blade.
....brave by heart, honest by nature and wicked by brain.....

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:12 am

Izula for 1645INR wow!! Its cheaper than where its made. i am sure its fake freaking Chinese crap
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:17 pm

got the money back including the shipping thank you guys for your suggestions