is this ok to buy

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

is this ok to buy

Post by goondasmani » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:41 pm

http://www.ebay.in/itm/CRKT-Tactical-Kn ... 339d78b8bf
seems cheap,the seller has good feedback suggestions needed

For Advertising mail webmaster
caracass77
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: is this ok to buy

Post by caracass77 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:04 pm

IMG_1289.JPG
Hi there, Goonda.

I bought one of these and I will upload a picture of that in a minute. These are essentially made in China and will not have the warranty that the customers in the US enjoy. (Or not)

I have ordered from these guys before and the first one was a disaster -- it was a neck knife and it came in all wrong, but well, it's E-Bay. I moaned and bitched about it to them and got a little promised discount, which I still haven't got. So you gotta grin and bear it.

So here it is:

This knife came pretty sharp in a crap package, but then most of them do. So don't go by it. It is what they promise -- it is a flipper, so if you are used to assisted-opening knives, lose no heart. It is flashy and fine. And the serrations are VERY sharp, but the sharpening of them can be a bother, as most people here will agree. It is not something which you will want to carry in your jeans pocket, since it is a sorta large and heavy knife, even with the clip -- if you wear tight jeans, sitting down with this pocket in your knife is going to be a bother. So then.

The locking feature works fine and is sort of something I am not used to -- you got to push a button down to engage the linear lock.

The tanto tip they promise looks pretty slim, and I will attach a picture of that as well. Looks like it will break off with pressure but I like my design and I am not willing to experiment, since I spent $$$$ on it.

Overall, it is a skinny knife and will feel odd in your hand if you are a large person; inadequate even. Buy it only for snob or show-off value.

Hope that helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:06 pm

awesome reply cara i coudnt ask for more the seller told me i can buy the knife in person in Bangalore so i can see the product and buy it soo much thank you

caracass77
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by caracass77 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:30 pm

Glad I could be of help, Goonda :)

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:29 am

i came across this it says 50% off what do you people say?
http://www.outdoortravelgear.com/produc ... ed-hunting

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Thu May 07, 2015 3:36 pm

Hello goondasmani,

Really a nice gerber knife at a cheaper price..Do they sell original brands?
Keep knives in your pocket and pray that you will never need it

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Fri May 08, 2015 10:36 pm

yes it seems genuine but i posted so some experts would help but no reply till now

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:19 am

Outdoor travel gear has genuine Gerber products. I have personally purchased online from them as well as from their store in Mumbai. The only issue with them is that being mainly a store for bike enthusiasts, the stocks of knives tends to run low a bit from time to time. Else, I am perfectly satisfied with the stuff I got from them (one knife, two multitools, and one Bear Grylls survival kit for the kid).

A note on Gerber: for some reason all Gerber knives I have purchased (above plus one bought earlier from knife center) had to be sharpened. They were not shaving sharp out of the box. Might just be one-off cases, though.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Tue May 12, 2015 1:31 pm

thank you essdee

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:02 am

Fro any outdoor survival trips, I do believe that the Gerber hunting knives are perfect which I have seen the bear grylls hanging around with.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Thu May 14, 2015 11:02 am

Err.... Harshit, correct me if I am wrong, but my impression was that Bear Grylls carries a Parry knife??
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:21 pm

essdee1972 wrote:Err.... Harshit, correct me if I am wrong, but my impression was that Bear Grylls carries a Parry knife??
Might be Bear grylls carry the parry knife also.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:53 am

The Parry knife is around 350 USD. Bear can carry it, he must be earning a lot from his shows! And since it was designed by another British SF guy (Warrant Officer Mel Parry, 22 SAS), he just might have got a huge discount!! But it IS a fantastic knife. http://parryblade.com/
Cheers!

EssDee

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Mon May 18, 2015 11:50 am

essdee1972 wrote:The Parry knife is around 350 USD. Bear can carry it, he must be earning a lot from his shows! And since it was designed by another British SF guy (Warrant Officer Mel Parry, 22 SAS), he just might have got a huge discount!! But it IS a fantastic knife. http://parryblade.com/
Surely the bear grylls can carry any knife and at any cost and there is not= doubt about that. But here I am mentioning that Gerber is one of the brands which is used by bear grylls for its shows.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue May 19, 2015 11:16 am

Yup, Harshit, he did carry some Gerbers for some of the shows. Overall, however, Gerber doesn't have very good reviews online. But, we stay in a scarcity economy with a vampirish government, i.e. no choice!
Cheers!

EssDee