Buck 110

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Buck 110

Post by maverick786us » Wed May 21, 2014 10:50 am

Is there any market in Delhi, where I can get original Buck 110 folding knife? I ordered it from Junglee.com using Cart2India, with original MSRP of 3900, they charged 3705 after discount. But later on some kind of greed came into their mind, and they called me that the price of that knife was changed to 5000. So I had to cancel the order

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Buck 110

Post by brihacharan » Wed May 21, 2014 1:41 pm

maverick786us wrote: Is there any market in Delhi, where I can get original Buck 110 folding knife? I ordered it from Junglee.com using Cart2India, with original MSRP of 3900, they charged 3705 after discount. But later on some kind of greed came into their mind, and they called me that the price of that knife was changed to 5000. So I had to cancel the order
> Sorry to note that you had to cancel the order - Wonder what made Junglee.com go back on their earlier commitment :roll:
> Try knlfecenter - perhaps you could be lucky...
> But let me tell you - The Buck 110 Hunter is an exquisite folder worth the price :D
> Here's mine - Lucky for me it was my last year's 'birthday gift' from my nephew in the US!!!

Good Luck!
Briha

maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maverick786us » Sat May 31, 2014 12:04 pm

Thanks. I know that. I already purchased one 3 years ago, which I gifted to my wife. Now I want one for myself. After complaining and posting a bad feedback for Cart2India, they called me and will deliver it to me between 7th to 12th, for 3900 on cash on delivery. If I would have made the payment in advance, I would have got it for 3705.

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Sat May 31, 2014 12:21 pm

I suppose it would be difficult to buy this classic off the shelf anywhere in India.

Here's mine. Bought in Japan!
IMG_0889.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maverick786us » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:29 am

Wow. looks like I purchased it at right time. Now its cost is 5200

maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maverick786us » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:32 pm

brihacharan wrote:
maverick786us wrote: Is there any market in Delhi, where I can get original Buck 110 folding knife? I ordered it from Junglee.com using Cart2India, with original MSRP of 3900, they charged 3705 after discount. But later on some kind of greed came into their mind, and they called me that the price of that knife was changed to 5000. So I had to cancel the order
> Sorry to note that you had to cancel the order - Wonder what made Junglee.com go back on their earlier commitment :roll:
> Try knlfecenter - perhaps you could be lucky...
> But let me tell you - The Buck 110 Hunter is an exquisite folder worth the price :D
> Here's mine - Lucky for me it was my last year's 'birthday gift' from my nephew in the US!!!

[ Image ]

Good Luck!
Briha
Dude, just like any other folding, knife, does the lock of this knife gets gammed, because of rust or moisture? Does the lock reqire regular implement for oil in order to keep the lock smooth? I own a buck 270 ranger, which i used for fruits, after couple of months, it got tight and had to apply lot of force to open it

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:13 am

maverick786us wrote: Dude, just like any other folding, knife, does the lock of this knife gets gammed, because of rust or moisture? Does the lock reqire regular implement for oil in order to keep the lock smooth? I own a buck 270 ranger, which i used for fruits, after couple of months, it got tight and had to apply lot of force to open it
Hi maverick786us,
> This is one aspect most of us overlook (see the highlighted text)...
> When you cut fruit with a folding knife, invariably some juice / sap leeches into the blade's locking mechanism...
> The sugar content in the juice / sap when the moisture dries up acts as a mild 'bonding agent' which causes jamming of the blade's mechanism...
> The remedy is therefore to wipe the blade (after cutting fruit) with a damp cloth & put a drop or two of coconut oil in the joints...
> This way your precious folder will snap open smoothly & close with a click each time you open or close...
> Remember all gadgets need periodic maintenance to keep them functioning smooth time & again :D
Briha

maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maverick786us » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:59 am

Thanks for the information dude, Buck 110 has lifetime warranty, so i thought that it will not allow moisture to enter inside the blade mechanism

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:56 pm

maverick786us wrote:Thanks for the information dude, Buck 110 has lifetime warranty, so i thought that it will not allow moisture to enter inside the blade mechanism
> Sure BUCK 110 comes with a Lifetime Warranty...but its against manufacturing defects & not against 'misuse or faulty handling' :D
> Moisture is the biggest culprit no matter in whichever part of the world you live in - that causes corrosion / rusting etc....
> Like I said proper & timely maintenance is the only way to protect metal gadgets & mechanisms from moisture & its up to the owner to do it :D
Briha

maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maverick786us » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:23 pm

Do you often oil your knife? Is it easy to oil buck 110?

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:59 pm

maverick786us wrote:Do you often oil your knife? Is it easy to oil buck 110?
> I do it once every 3 months - Open & close a few times & if needed put in a drop or two of coconut oil. Its easy & fulfilling.
Briha

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:11 pm

I have had a 110 for many many years, and for a couple decades it was pretty much the only hunting knife I used (standard disclaimer comparing hunting regulations in the US to those of India). They are fine knives and should you desire an outdoor sporting knife it will serve you admirably.

About the only critique I could say is they carry somewhat heavy in your pocket, but that is a personal preference and I never found it to be a big annoyance or anything. The belt sheath makes it a non-issue and also prevents the need to put dirty hands in your pocket when in the middle of an activity you need your knife.

I do not usually wear a belt, I got a pouch that has a metal clip and was originally made for carrying Leatherman pliers, it works great.

I would apply a drop or two of oil on occasion but never felt that it absolutely needed it. With mine, there are only two items- the brass handle would tarnish so to keep it nice and shiny it needs to get some polishing every once in a while, and if you carry it in your pocket lint can collect in the locking notch on the blade. It never prevented it from locking, but you wouldn't get that sharp click when it locked open, so you have to clean it out with a paper clip. No big deal at all but I am just mentioning it.

Anyway, I am sure you will be just as happy with yours as I am.

Mark
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maverick786us » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:16 pm

Thank you Mark, I like the fact about 110, that its big and heavy. Heavier the knife is, more tough and durable it is. I recently purchased a recon 1, which is big, heavy, which I like it.

The dealer has taken time, but I am expecting my knife by next week. Although I've read so any positive reviews about this knife. It is indeed an American legand, and am excited to get my hands on it.

Rrahulkumar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rrahulkumar » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:58 am

brihacharan wrote:
maverick786us wrote: Dude, just like any other folding, knife, does the lock of this knife gets gammed, because of rust or moisture? Does the lock reqire regular implement for oil in order to keep the lock smooth? I own a buck 270 ranger, which i used for fruits, after couple of months, it got tight and had to apply lot of force to open it
Hi maverick786us,
> This is one aspect most of us overlook (see the highlighted text)...
> When you cut fruit with a folding knife, invariably some juice / sap leeches into the blade's locking mechanism...
> The sugar content in the juice / sap when the moisture dries up acts as a mild 'bonding agent' which causes jamming of the blade's mechanism...
> The remedy is therefore to wipe the blade (after cutting fruit) with a damp cloth & put a drop or two of coconut oil in the joints...
> This way your precious folder will snap open smoothly & close with a click each time you open or close...
> Remember all gadgets need periodic maintenance to keep them functioning smooth time & again :D
Briha

Hi Brihaji

Isn't using coconut oil clog up the mechanism further?

Would you advise using WD40 periodically?

Pls throw some more light. ..
:stupid:

Hi maverick786us. . That's a very beautiful knife u got..!!

maverick786us
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by maverick786us » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:27 pm

Finally I got my Buck 110, indeed it is an amazing knife. Today I first time used it for cutting peach and it cuts it like butter. Now my first question. Its blade is stainles steel, not a crabon steel. So does the blade too needs implementation of oil?