Buying swords and heavy bowie knives

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Buying swords and heavy bowie knives

Post by harshit89 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:04 am

maverick786us wrote:I am intrested in buying Katana sword from Cart2India, which import these weapons for US. The good part about Cart2india is, they alreay include the custom duty with the price, so I don't have to deal with the customs. I have purchased numerous knives from this dealer through ebay.

Now the question is, what kind of issue could i face if i buy a Japanease Katana and some heavy bowie knifes, whose blade exceeds more than 10 inches? According to the law anything where the blade exceeds 10 inch length and 2 inch width is illegal to possess or carry around? Will such a product lost in the transit, or will I get some legal notice from custom officers?
If you are planning to buy swords and bowie knives, then you can checkout collectorsheritage for the same and I got some knives from them.
Keep knives in your pocket and pray that you will never need it

For Advertising mail webmaster
dinesh gandham
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Buying swords and heavy bowie knives

Post by dinesh gandham » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:25 pm

maverick786us wrote:I am intrested in buying Katana sword from Cart2India, which import these weapons for US. The good part about Cart2india is, they alreay include the custom duty with the price, so I don't have to deal with the customs. I have purchased numerous knives from this dealer through ebay.

Now the question is, what kind of issue could i face if i buy a Japanease Katana and some heavy bowie knifes, whose blade exceeds more than 10 inches? According to the law anything where the blade exceeds 10 inch length and 2 inch width is illegal to possess or carry around? Will such a product lost in the transit, or will I get some legal notice from custom officers?
hai man you can buy a katana from mumbai from kendo institute owned by vasudev kulakarni