looking for Compound Bow

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
supershaji
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: looking for Compound Bow

Post by supershaji » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:14 am

TC wrote:
Bowman for a long time I have my eyes fixed on a certain tactical crossbow that works on the M16 receiver :D Do you think one could import that too ?

:cheers:
TC
I shot the PSE TAC15 here in Hyderabad a coupke of times, had also posted pictures here on the forum long ago. It is available with Arun, a professional archer and trainer here.

He has also got a lot of imported bows which he does sell to students and enthusiasts alike. If u want I could PM u guys his contacts.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
chitty-vitty, bang-shang

For Advertising mail webmaster
TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:25 pm

So nice of you Supershahji. Please PM me his contact details and website address etc.

TC

BowMan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by BowMan » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:51 pm

Sir you can import anything that is archery equipment and crossbows are certainly archery.

Just to be extra cautious you can ask the retailer to omit the ominous sounding word 'tactical' from the consignment.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:54 pm

BowMan wrote:Sir you can import anything that is archery equipment and crossbows are certainly archery.

Just to be extra cautious you can ask the retailer to omit the ominous sounding word 'tactical' from the consignment.
Now that's what you expect to hear from an expert. Thanks Bowman :D

TC

gmg
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gmg » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:08 pm

Very excited just got wooden arrows for my re curve bow!!! :( busted 2 of them already missed the target and they hit the wall!!! :( :(

So just of the blue, can you use steel tube as arrow shafts???

gmg
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gmg » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:29 pm

What bout sight for Recurve Bow??? Couldnt find it online!!!

spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by spin_drift » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:17 am

TC wrote:
BowMan wrote:You can import it from any retailer based abroad. I did the same.
Bowman for a long time I have my eyes fixed on a certain tactical crossbow that works on the M16 receiver :D Do you think one could import that too ?

TC
That can get you in trouble. As far as i understand in US the lower of an AR15, M4 and M16 is considered the gun and only the lower has a serial number etched on.. if you are importing a "certain tactical crossbow" with an M16 lower, then technically you are importing a AR15 or M4 and or M16 rifle.. you do not want to be doing that for obvious reasons :mrgreen:

XL can throw more light on this.
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:30 pm

That can get you in trouble. As far as i understand in US the lower of an AR15, M4 and M16 is considered the gun and only the lower has a serial number etched on.. if you are importing a "certain tactical crossbow" with an M16 lower, then technically you are importing a AR15 or M4 and or M16 rifle.. you do not want to be doing that for obvious reasons :mrgreen:

XL can throw more light on this.
Sprin_drift that's precisely the reason why I wrote that post. Just for fun. The US Federal laws are quite strict on that. Irrespective of whether I can get is past through customs here, no company in the US will ship to India any firearm or part of a firearm. Forget receiver, not even a spring that goes into an AR15/M16. Period.

TC

vjisaac
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vjisaac » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:40 am

BowMan wrote:You can import it from any retailer based abroad. I did the same.
hi bowman, which website do you suggest to buy a compound bow or where did you get yours from? did you have any problems with the customs or had to pay any customs fee ?? which model of compound bow do own ? i would like to buy one anyway we could get in touch ?