Suggestions for a take-down recurve bow required.

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Suggestions for a take-down recurve bow required.

Post by dev » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:14 am

Maan Rusty,

You had to do it. I ignored this topic just allowing myself to skim over it. But no go. Now On Sunday, I checked out good ole Naga's bow, a compund one, I 'll give ye but a bow nonetheless.

And now I've started to go through the stickage site already. So keep thy Robin Hood act up and you'll soon have a band of merry men and then...the IFG archery match.

Good show now I've gotta go teach my dog to beg for a bow. :P

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:18 am

Well, I've been exercising on Naga's bow since yesterday... it's kinda opened up my shoulders and my radial muscles... man, what a pull... I shudder to think how hard the arrow is going to pierce whatever it hits... :wink:

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:44 pm

Ten man Brovo, do not forget to put the twinkle in Rusty hood eyes, is it rusty hood or robbin hood(am punning on word) and the song goes something like this " i pick up my bow and arrow, i string the arrow on the bow and let it loss where it lands i don't f******** care, couse i am rusty hood in tights, oh oh oh ya ya they are tight around my curch ooch ooch, they hurt man" got it Ten?

olly try pulling the bow after eating 4 eggs for super strong musles :D
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:09 pm

Naga, I don't think I should use the Bullworker with this bow around... the latter is a baby in comparison to this monster... should I post pictures ?

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:29 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="52488 wrote:Bloody marvelous aren't they? There's one in Bangalore or they used to be one. Single piece though.

What got me thinking about archery again was our trip to Pran's place. That empty land at the back is just right for some safe practice.
They look just great.. I read about somebody taking a Ele with a blackwidow recurve.. I am not able to find that link now.. must've been heck of a Bow..

Aah that land.. when ever i think of that all i think of is a bench and finding out TRUE hold over and hold under with D52/Legend at different ranges..:)

So when are you ordering that Black Widow :)

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:43 pm

nagarifle";p="52616 wrote: Ten man Brovo, do not forget to put the twinkle in Rusty hood eyes, is it rusty hood or robbin hood(am punning on word) and the song goes something like this " i pick up my bow and arrow, i string the arrow on the bow and let it loss where it lands i don't f******** care, couse i am rusty hood in tights, oh oh oh ya ya they are tight around my curch ooch ooch, they hurt man" got it Ten?

olly try pulling the bow after eating 4 eggs for super strong musles :D
The ad is ready, songs are ready... just a bow and some arrows to get the show on the road :)
And please note: All song sequences will be Salsa-style ;)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:04 pm

Dev and Anupam, what's the poundage on the old bandit's compound? These are not difficult to draw.

Inder there are a few who have taken elephants in Africa with a traditional bow. Howard Hill being the first of the lot. Infact he shot three elephants and the bow was hand drawn. The arrows were extra long though and the bow had a draw weight in excess of 100 lbs.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:59 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="52669 wrote: Inder there are a few who have taken elephants in Africa with a traditional bow. Howard Hill being the first of the lot. Infact he shot three elephants and the bow was hand drawn. The arrows were extra long though and the bow had a draw weight in excess of 100 lbs.
I knew about Howard Hill. He must be having power of popeye in those arms to pull that thing off :) . I was searching for an ele hunt with Black Widow. I saw it somewhere but now I am not able to find the link.. :(. Its not even there in the gallery at the site.. looks like my memory is playing tricks again .. :D

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:30 pm

I didn't find Nag's compound that difficult to draw, the poundage felt decent (guesstimation 85 lbs +). I do have the customary raw eggs every day though, wonder if that made it easier. LOL.

I'd tried a couple of carbon arrows on it some time back on a sack of sand. Penetration was :twisted: sweet.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:28 pm

Mack The Knife,

Like OUP said, should be about 85-90 lbs AND I don't have much experience with different bows.

Nagarifle should have a fair knowledge... wonder where he is... must be sharpening some arrows there... :D

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:35 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="52669 wrote: Dev and Anupam, what's the poundage on the old bandit's compound? These are not difficult to draw.

Yes it was nice to draw and I think it had 85 pounds written on the body. But a compound is easier to hang on to than a recurve.

Yashpal Rana was at the range and he narrated some horror stories about what drawing a bow regularly does to one's sinews.

Dev

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:35 pm

I take it this is the same bow that Sid put on sale (on Nagas?) behalf?

If so, with all you DDs playing around with it what guarantee can you guys give that it isn't damaged? I am asking because I am interested in buying it and don't want to end up with a damaged bow.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:42 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="52718 wrote: I take it this is the same bow that Sid put on sale (on Nagas?) behalf?

If so, with all you DDs playing around with it what guarantee can you guys give that it isn't damaged? I am asking because I am interested in buying it and don't want to end up with a damaged bow.
We didn't release the draw string like boiiing without the arrow. We eased the string down like lowering the hammer on a position 1 1911.

You may catch a viral or some other infection though :-).

Dev

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:48 pm

Yaa... we dare not release the draw string without the arrow... it can easily fracture / dislocate the bones of the wrist of the left holding hand... without leather protection... The right hand fingers would turn blue in about 10 drawings...

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:20 am

That bad???
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......