Nepali Khukuri

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:10 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="23945 wrote:Asif,

Is there the slightest possibility of this diplomat getting another? More than the Ang Kholas, I am seriously interested in buying a Sirupati.

Mack The Knife
Where is that Diplomat from.. Nepal? :?

Hey Jefe,

Where in Bangalore you saw those khuks?

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:01 pm

eljefe";p="23950 wrote:Will check out Mack The Knife, I am not in the queue-would settle for a RFI khukri-miss my old one!!
Thanks, let me know if he can get one down.
Where is that Diplomat from.. Nepal?
Inder, if you want one, now is a good time.

Get Yangdu's (Bill Martino's wife) contact details from the HI site and if they have what you want, you should have it in a week's time.
If you are refering to Pran's khukuris, that was at my place.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Nepali Khukuri

Post by Risala » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:29 pm

[quote="kanwar76";p="23333quote]

Just found out a place to send my folks to escape from heat of north :) Hey thanks Sanjay, Do you knwo of some travel agaent who is offering this package?

-Inder[/quote]

Inder sorry missed out on this one.

The best trave lagent for KTM out of Delhi is Pashpatinat Travels & Tours in East of Kailash,it is a Nepal specific Co.Pl note that the rates are for the Winters,might have gone up a little now.
eljefe";p="23950 wrote: Will check out Mack The Knife, I am not in the queue-would settle for a RFI khukri-miss my old one!!
Asif you will get that at any one of the Gurkha Trg Centres,they are located in Subattu,HP,Shillong,Lucknow and Darjeeling.Am certain the one in Darj has moved,not sure about the one in Lucknow,will check and let you know.They are good Khuks my cousin has had one for the last 25 yrs.

Guy's you wanna knife get the Mizo Bowie,lethal to say the least saw Asif's in action the other day at the Pump House,very handy for out door trips.

Sanjay

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:55 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="23965 wrote:
eljefe";p="23950 wrote:Will check out Mack The Knife, I am not in the queue-would settle for a RFI khukri-miss my old one!!
Thanks, let me know if he can get one down.
Where is that Diplomat from.. Nepal?
Inder, if you want one, now is a good time.

Get Yangdu's (Bill Martino's wife) contact details from the HI site and if they have what you want, you should have it in a week's time.
If you are refering to Pran's khukuris, that was at my place.

Not this time Rusty,

No space to keep anything else :wink:. And i thought Asif was talking about some other khuks.. :oops:

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:56 pm

Sanjay";p="23966 wrote:[quote="kanwar76";p="23333quote]

Just found out a place to send my folks to escape from heat of north :) Hey thanks Sanjay, Do you knwo of some travel agaent who is offering this package?

-Inder
Inder sorry missed out on this one.

The best trave lagent for KTM out of Delhi is Pashpatinat Travels & Tours in East of Kailash,it is a Nepal specific Co.Pl note that the rates are for the Winters,might have gone up a little now.
eljefe";p="23950 wrote: Will check out Mack The Knife, I am not in the queue-would settle for a RFI khukri-miss my old one!!
Asif you will get that at any one of the Gurkha Trg Centres,they are located in Subattu,HP,Shillong,Lucknow and Darjeeling.Am certain the one in Darj has moved,not sure about the one in Lucknow,will check and let you know.They are good Khuks my cousin has had one for the last 25 yrs.

Guy's you wanna knife get the Mizo Bowie,lethal to say the least saw Asif's in action the other day at the Pump House,very handy for out door trips.

Sanjay[/quote]

Hey thanks Sanjay..

-Inder

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:45 pm

Asif,
Please do pics of the bowie Sanjay is talking about.
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:48 pm

Found a few Khukuri pics on my friend's camera.These were taken at the Khukuri shop.

In the pic from left to right-->Service Khukuri,Angkola,Bhojpuri and Chitlangi(Sirupati)

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:06 pm

kanwar76";p="23985 wrote:And i thought Asif was talking about some other khuks.. :oops:

-Inder
Asif has seen two khukuris in Bangalore which belong to Pran and another two (from HI) that belong to a British diplomat stationed in Delhi.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:11 pm

Pran";p="23987 wrote:Asif,
Please do pics of the bowie Sanjay is talking about.
Jonah gifted me one of these. Come over and have a play tomorrow. Will take a few pics as well.

Mack The Knife

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:13 am

Mack The Knife Bana";p="23990 wrote: Jonah gifted me one of these. Come over and have a play tomorrow. Will take a few pics as well.
Remember that one-it had a wooden sheath.I got yelled at by you for holding the sheath wrongly while opening the knife :oops:

Pran

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:41 am

Pran";p="23995 wrote:Remember that one-it had a wooden sheath.I got yelled at by you for holding the sheath wrongly while opening the knife :oops:

Pran
I must have been in a good mood. Normally, that sort of carelessness would have earned you a katoos. :mrgreen:

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:37 am

Katoos-I hope that means a smack on the head!
We have a very good microvascular surgery programme, in case you find fingers on the floor-yours! ;)
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:41 pm

eljefe";p="23999 wrote:Katoos-I hope that means a smack on the head!
Sure does. What else does it mean?

Anyway, herewith a few pics of the HI British Army Service Khukuri and a Mizoram Bowie.

Used the bowie for the first time this morning to trim a few branches and it sliced through them effortlessly. However, the handle isn't thick enough for me and the knife tends to turn in the hand. If you are getting one made to order, please make sure it has a clean spine rather than those silly teeth. I would get rid of those 'blood grooves' as well.

Mack The Knife

P.S.: The HI khukuris come with a mirror finish but I got rid of that a few years back. Nice to have it if the knife is only for display but otherwise you are going to have a devil of a time putting that polish back after you have removed the sap marks or scratches.

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:05 pm

Mack The Knife, would like store the knife pics on my computer if you don't mind.

Pran

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:06 pm

For FREE??? :shock:

Sure, go ahead. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.