Blades on camera ..... TC

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
TC
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Blades on camera ..... TC

Post by TC » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:50 pm

Abhiram and Brihaji,

Its a case of made by the Spanish, imported by the Swiss and bought by the Indians... :lol:

TC

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:34 pm

TC wrote: Abhiram and Brihaji,
Its a case of made by the Spanish, imported by the Swiss and bought by the Indians... :lol:
TC
There was this story going around a long time ago....
Some defense equipment bought by our country from Russia failed to work...
Inspection revealed that the 'Battery' had failed & since it was an OE it had perforce to be ordered from Russia...
On arrival a smart Indian Inspector found out that the 'Battery' was imported from India by Russia & stamped 'Made in Russia' & sent back to us ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Briha

Ramandeep
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ramandeep » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:07 pm

a very nice collection indeed. I am curious to know about two of the knives the 9th pic from top which looks like an automatic knife and the 11th pic which has got interesting handle would you please share the details of the both knives.

Regards

Ramandeep
1 shot 1 kill!

BowMan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by BowMan » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:09 pm

Brilliant collection TC. I'm not much of a blades person and prefer blunt goods delivered a much higher speeds but I can still appreciate your passion and dedication.

Just one question. Can you do some cool ticks with the Balisong/Butterfly knife. It would be tremendous of someone in the forum posted his video. :cheers:

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:59 pm

Ramandeep wrote:a very nice collection indeed. I am curious to know about two of the knives the 9th pic from top which looks like an automatic knife and the 11th pic which has got interesting handle would you please share the details of the both knives.

Regards

Ramandeep
Ramandeep,
Thank you so much. I should have added captions. Really sorry. Have edited the post. You can have a look now.

:cheers:
TC

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:03 pm

BowMan wrote:Brilliant collection TC. I'm not much of a blades person and prefer blunt goods delivered a much higher speeds but I can still appreciate your passion and dedication.

Just one question. Can you do some cool ticks with the Balisong/Butterfly knife. It would be tremendous of someone in the forum posted his video. :cheers:
Thanks for the kind words Bowman,
I too prefer to hit at speeds exceeding 2000 fps :D.
Spent a lot of time with the butterflies once. But the fingers must be rusty now.. Will try and oblige...

Best
TC

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:03 am

Dear TC,

Excellent Blades! and Excellent Pics!! and beautiful history attached to each purchase!!

My compliments!!

Regards,
Pistolero
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:54 pm

pistolero wrote:Dear TC,

Excellent Blades! and Excellent Pics!! and beautiful history attached to each purchase!!

My compliments!!

Regards,
Pistolero
Hi Pistolero,
Hearing from you after a long time.. Thanks my friend. You are one person who really understands the feeling :D

Cheers
TC
Last edited by TC on Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FN-Five-Seven
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by FN-Five-Seven » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:03 pm

TC = Terrific Collector :mrgreen:

TCda's blade collection is as impressive as his firearm collection .
Anybody can log into http://www.knifecenter.com and order a bunch of blades for themselves , but collecting blades, with histories attached to them , from every nook and corner of the country and abroad , is an activity reserved for a special breed of individuals .

Looking at your blades , I remembered in the 2011-2012 Industrial Fair held on the grounds of Science City , I saw a beautiful kukri at the Nepal Govt stall . The blade was 13 inches long and approx 10 mm thick , and the engravings on the blade were out of the world . The total length of the kukri was 17-18 inches . The sheath was of dark red leather with brass inserts . The vendor was asking a price of Rs 2600 INR . Me being a true blue Indian , bargained it down to 2000 INR . I told him I would buy it on my way out , and then I when I returned he had already sold it to someone . :evil:

Till this day I curse myself of not buying it on time .

Regards

F-N-Five-Seven
It's okay , if you disagree with me .
I can't force you to be right .

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:36 pm

Hi FN Five Seven,
Thank you so much for the appreciation brother. But I am just a passionate collector hamstrung by limitations. There are true collector's who have gone far ahead.

And, coming to your experience with the Khukri, follow what I have always done. If you know you have something worth buying and have the money don't let it out of your sight 8) 8)

Cheers

TCda
Last edited by TC on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

surajshuresh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by surajshuresh » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi Tc thats an amazing collection of blades you got there mate. I just love that bowie. Can you give me some information about it like steel,make, when and where you got etc...I also love the folders all of them. You have an amazing taste. These are truly collectable. TC TC...lol...hahaha...

choombak
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by choombak » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:10 pm

Ooooo...that Dubh has terrific detailing, and is so pleasant to look at. A good start to my day, thanks for the photos.

FN-Five-Seven
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by FN-Five-Seven » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:25 am

TC wrote:
And, coming to your experience with the Khukri, follow what I have always done. If you know you have something worth buying and have the money don't let it out of your sight 8) 8)
Yes , and I have learnt that from experience . ROTFL

Actually what happened was that , my cousin was also at the Industrial Fair , but he was near the IOF stall . While I was bargaining for the Nepali blade , I got a call from my cousin that the IOF stall was displaying the .22 Revolver , the .32 ASHANI , the .22 Rifle , the .315 rifle , the .30-06 rifle , the 9mm pistol and something according my cousin the black INSAS ( It was the KALANTAK INSAS ). He said that this time the representatives of the IOF were actually letting the visitors handle the weapons . He said since a crowd was building up at the stall , he was not sure how long they would let visitors handle the weapons . I wanted to check out the 9mm & the KALANTAK , so I literally flew from the Nepal stall to the IOF stall . And the rest is history . :mrgreen:

F-N-Five-Seven
It's okay , if you disagree with me .
I can't force you to be right .

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:00 am

TCda, amazing blades!!
Anybody can log into http://www.knifecenter.com and order a bunch of blades for themselves , but collecting blades, with histories attached to them , from every nook and corner of the country and abroad , is an activity reserved for a special breed of individuals .
:agree:

Buying blades from places as diverse as Scotland and Cairo...... that's passion, sir!!

Hats off!!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:03 pm

choombak wrote:Ooooo...that Dubh has terrific detailing, and is so pleasant to look at. A good start to my day, thanks for the photos.
Thanks Choombak.... you have a fantastic collection as well :D

Cheers

TC