Suggestions for a take-down recurve bow required.

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
S.S.Kumar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by S.S.Kumar » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:59 am

TenX";p="54938 wrote:
S.S.Kumar";p="54927 wrote: ...you can buy it at Russels market

...Abdul Rahman shop near auto market

...from Olympic sports
You sure know your way around Bangalore for someone in UA :)
Hi Tenx,
I have lived 40+ years in Bangalore some of that in the period of Plenty. We used to have, Rabbit, Pigeon, duck and partridge shoots within 15 Kms of city centre. We had innumerable lakes within 10 Km radius stocked with Carp, Murrel, Eel and cat fish and no restrictions worth mentioning. I remember people carrying shot guns openly in BTS buses from city to outskirts like Whitefield ,Hoskote and other areas. I have shot wild pig & Porcupines around Nandi hills area!
So you can say that I know my way around Bangalore! ( Though Last time I had a hell of a lot of trouble to get to some places on leg as most of the land marks had disappeared!)
I had even considered on writing about the humour experiences we had during these hunts but never got around to it. Maybe some time I should.

For Advertising mail webmaster
TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:04 am

S.S.Kumar";p="54963 wrote: ...Though Last time I had a hell of a lot of trouble to get to some places on leg as most of the land marks had disappeared!...
:)
I can very well understand.. The way 'one-ways' have sprouted up, its hard to manage within an area if you dont visit it once a week! :) :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:23 am

S.S.Kumar";p="54963 wrote:
TenX";p="54938 wrote:
S.S.Kumar";p="54927 wrote: ...you can buy it at Russels market

...Abdul Rahman shop near auto market

...from Olympic sports
You sure know your way around Bangalore for someone in UA :)
Hi Tenx,
I have lived 40+ years in Bangalore some of that in the period of Plenty. We used to have, Rabbit, Pigeon, duck and partridge shoots within 15 Kms of city centre. We had innumerable lakes within 10 Km radius stocked with Carp, Murrel, Eel and cat fish and no restrictions worth mentioning. I remember people carrying shot guns openly in BTS buses from city to outskirts like Whitefield ,Hoskote and other areas. I have shot wild pig & Porcupines around Nandi hills area!
So you can say that I know my way around Bangalore! ( Though Last time I had a hell of a lot of trouble to get to some places on leg as most of the land marks had disappeared!)
I had even considered on writing about the humour experiences we had during these hunts but never got around to it. Maybe some time I should.
Hallo,S.S.Kumar,

Don't know how I missed this post.But, I would like to read those humorous anecdotes of your Nimrodean adventures.Thanks in advance.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

yash3_great

Re: Suggestions for a take-down recurve bow required.

Post by yash3_great » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:31 pm

Gsmith Pune has a wide range of cross, compound and recurve bows + accessories. Quite a variety! Can some Pune member check the quality and other details.

http://www.gsmithco.com/archery.htm