Military fighting knives

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:27 am

Thats a lot of good info LB :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

For Advertising mail webmaster
marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Military fighting knives

Post by marksman » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:19 pm

Sniper,
Thanks for the site.While going through it I realized that the Fairbairn commando knife I possess is WW II 3rd Pattern with the guard marked "21" with an Arrow. and "England" written on the handle side of the guard :wink: Certainly a collectible and I would proudly say is in 90% condition. The scabbard has cracked at two places but with timely intervention has been saved with a liberal coat of Neatfoot oil.
Cheers!!!
Marksman

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Re:

Post by Olly » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:57 am

TenX wrote:Olly.. Let me know if I can help :)
Dear TenX,
Have made the catalogue in Corel Draw and the size is working out to 121 MB ! Runs into about 16 pages with about 5-8 objects on each page...
Any suggestions on how to convert to thumbnails which are clickable to lead to a bigger picture ?

Thanks

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Re:

Post by TenX » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:25 pm

Olly wrote:
TenX wrote:Olly.. Let me know if I can help :)
Dear TenX,
Have made the catalogue in Corel Draw and the size is working out to 121 MB ! Runs into about 16 pages with about 5-8 objects on each page...
Any suggestions on how to convert to thumbnails which are clickable to lead to a bigger picture ?

Thanks
Hi Olly.

Here are a few suggestions:
1. Convert the Corel file into a PDF file, which will drastically reduce the file size. You can do this by installing something like 'PrimoPDF'. After you install, and when you choose the print command in Corel Draw, it will give you an option to print using the printer, or print using PrimoPDF> Choose the latter and save this as PDF. In your website, give a link mentioning 'Download Catalog', which should be linked to this PDF file. Then users can directly download the PDF file and view it or save it.

2. Convert individual images in Corel draw into single JPG images of acceptable quality. This will be your Grade A set. Now convert them again into small size thumbnails. This will be your Grade B set. Display the B set on the webpage, and link them to the larger images. Inform users to click on the small images to view the larger ones.

3. Upload the Corel Draw file to something like Adrive.com or rapidshare.com and send me the link. I will send you a Flash file with these images in a novel way to be displayed on your website. Users can just point on the images to view bigger images :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

Olly
Veteran