• Advertisement
Kiehberg.in -  Outdoor gear and sports equipment

First Knife project

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
vjisaac
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:05 am

First Knife project

Postby vjisaac » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:18 pm

This is my first time making a knife, the blade is made from a metal file, Image[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171126/e2ea5f2d2d6ced429d80a3da3620f4e5.jpg[/img]Imagehope you all like it. The knife is not finished yet final touches and wood polishing yet to be done, will post the finished product soon ImageImageImage


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



For Advertising mail webmaster
Akash fdp
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:37 pm

Re: First Knife project

Postby Akash fdp » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:24 pm

Bro that insane work. Hats off ... and more over this is your first one. Really special Bro.

Could you share the method you used to make the lovely sheath (wooden).
I love wood ones.

Cheers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Akash fdp
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:37 pm

Re: First Knife project

Postby Akash fdp » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:25 pm

I wish you had a time lapse video of it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
Vikram
Posts: 4324
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:14 am
Location: Tbilisi,Georgia

Re: First Knife project

Postby Vikram » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:14 pm

Vjisaac,

That is a very well done job for a first knife. Using an old file is a brilliant idea. How does it perform? The scabbard is not bad either. Quite nice in fact. Congratulations.


It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

User avatar
goondasmani
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:50 pm
Location: Chennai

Re: First Knife project

Postby goondasmani » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:22 am

Cool work...if possible add a Gaurd and add more curve to the knife pomel as it's a chopper it will give you a leverage



vjisaac
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:05 am

Re: First Knife project

Postby vjisaac » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:43 pm

Akash fdp wrote:Bro that insane work. Hats off ... and more over this is your first one. Really special Bro.

Could you share the method you used to make the lovely sheath (wooden).
I love wood ones.

Cheers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Akash fdp,

Thank you buddy, will definitely share a video on my next knife .. :)

Added in 3 minutes 35 seconds:
Vikram wrote:Vjisaac,

That is a very well done job for a first knife. Using an old file is a brilliant idea. How does it perform? The scabbard is not bad either. Quite nice in fact. Congratulations.

Hi Vikram,

Thank you so much, performance is good still a little work left, will update soon :)

Added in 6 minutes 12 seconds:
goondasmani wrote:Cool work...if possible add a Gaurd and add more curve to the knife pomel as it's a chopper it will give you a leverage

Hi goondasmani,

Thank you for the advice, next knife will be done with your idea, please let me know how i can improve more thanks .. :)



rommel43
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:52 pm

Re: First Knife project

Postby rommel43 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:01 am

Wow
My workshop isn't even up and I already have competition
Lol

Anyway, it's a great blade you have there. Love the aesthetics. Externally it looks as if it's a half-tang blade, try to refrain from half-tangs because they snap. Try finishing the furniture with Linseed oil or wax compounds.

Follow Walter Sorrels on YouTube if you plan to continue with this.



vjisaac
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:05 am

Re: First Knife project

Postby vjisaac » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:21 am

rommel43 wrote:Wow
My workshop isn't even up and I already have competition
Lol

Anyway, it's a great blade you have there. Love the aesthetics. Externally it looks as if it's a half-tang blade, try to refrain from half-tangs because they snap. Try finishing the furniture with Linseed oil or wax compounds.

Follow Walter Sorrels on YouTube if you plan to continue with this.

Hi romell43,

Thank you so much and yes will try the oil and wax compounds. Made some final touches let me know what you think of it (finished update viewtopic.php?f=20&t=25589 ) and also i have made an another project and its a meat cleaver please have a look viewtopic.php?f=20&t=25605



User avatar
pistolero
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 4:43 pm
Location: Dubai

Re: First Knife project

Postby pistolero » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:56 pm

Vjisaac & Rommel43,

I wish both of you the best of success.

If there is anything that I can help or assist you with, whether it is setting up the shop or in marketing, I will be more than happy to help.

Make your dreams real :D :D :D :D :D (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Regards,
-P


"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:40 am

Re: First Knife project

Postby Shivaji.Dasgupta » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:17 pm

vjisaac cool blade.
I can see a wire like lock or something at handle as well in the cover itself. what is it. some type of stapling pin you have used ??



vjisaac
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:05 am

Re: First Knife project

Postby vjisaac » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:19 pm

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:vjisaac cool blade.
I can see a wire like lock or something at handle as well in the cover itself. what is it. some type of stapling pin you have used ??

Its Just a brazing rod Ring for Design..



Shivaji.Dasgupta
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:40 am

Re: First Knife project

Postby Shivaji.Dasgupta » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:40 pm

A simple and good design again I can say. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)




MickyFox
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:57 pm

Re: First Knife project

Postby MickyFox » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Nice work. It's a big start. keep on doing good job.




Return to “Archery, Knives & other edged tools”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests