A innovative and strange way for making edged Tools

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

A innovative and strange way for making edged Tools

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:27 pm

(To post this topic my only intention is to highlight the life of our remote villages)

Today I was on phone with one of my school days Pal. After a long time I speak to him. he is living in town but His native village is in Jharkhand & Orissa Boarder area surrounded by Badampahar and Mayur bhanj Hills. His Village is still in very primitive Age and poverty ridden. No Electricity or phone connection even Roads. It took around 2 1/2 hr. from main road to reach there. Few Solar power Lights and charging points are their only source of electricity and connection with modern world. Strangely they do not even have a Blacksmith ( the last one died long ago) at their village.

To sort out their need of daily house hold Edged Iron Objects ( Not only weapons but also the other Tools) they either hiked to the near by towns or the next alternative is there is a rail line few Km away from the Village for Goods Trains Carrying Iron Ore and Coal.

Whatever sort of steel piece They can gather from any scrap, they took it to the rail track and placed over it for some time ( Please don"t Ask me About its legality or ethical points, I am only a narrator and these people are so poor that I think they hardly know or care for any ethics or legality). After few trains passed over it its is flattened and in more manageable shape. then next come the Role of hammer and fire for final shape but the job is more easy then.

I have asked him for pics of some objects they have prepared in this way. Will try to post soon.
Regards
Regards

Shivaji

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: A innovative and strange way for making edged Tools

Post by Vikram » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:55 pm

Human ingenuity and capacity for improvisation. Would certainaly look forward to the photos. I really enjoy these "stories" you share with us. Flavour of the real India.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: A innovative and strange way for making edged Tools

Post by SMJ » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:18 am

I second Vikram on that! Love the stories shared by you sir, look forward to your posts[emoji482]

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk