What pellet for Crosman 1377

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
vivek009
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

What pellet for Crosman 1377

Post by vivek009 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:17 pm

Sorry if its a dumb question.

I've bought a Crosman 1377 recently (0.177"). I am looking for good pellets that group well at, say, 20 yards, have a flat trajectory and are not too heavy (weight would affect the velocity). I think its not easy to import pellets, hence I was looking for GSmiths as an option. How do they fare? Will they be too tight? I had tried a GSmith on one of my indian make pistols and to my surprise, the pellet was too tight fitting, and I felt they were fairly heavy too. Does anybody know what is the weight of 0.177 GSmiths (dome headed)?. I assume the pellet did not fit properly, since the bores of local indian airguns are not precise, and that would not happen with the Crosman.

regards
Vivek

For Advertising mail webmaster
z375
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: What pellet for Crosman 1377

Post by z375 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:53 pm

hi Vivek,

The . 22 cal pellets made by Gsmith & Co are not all that good, their .22 cal stuff has weight variation issues, but their .177 cal ammo is significantly better, well atleast they shoot great in my Walther. Stick to the wadcutters (flat-head) ammo for your 1377, I used them in one that belonged to a friend sometime ago and it shot superbly with these. Works wonders on rats too!

Zubin
"With solid bullets on heavy animals such as elephant, rhino and buffalo this power is quite apparent but is not so obvious as when soft-nose bullets are being used, say, lion, particularly when is a case of stopping a charge : the .404 will stop him all right, but will seldom crumple him quite so completely as will the .416" -- John Taylor, Big Game and Big Game Rifles, (Ch. IX)

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:40 pm

Since yours is a stock 1377, the domed gsmith weigh about 9 grains and as such will do better if you tune your 1377. It means that you will take the check valve out, lighten the spring inside by chopping off one coil (very carefully) and getting a stronger hammer spring. So you will be able to shoot at about 650fps in .177. Normally gsmith domes did pretty well in my Crosman 2100 rifle.

Take a look at the Crosman airgun forum to get more tips on tuning your 1377.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

shahid

Post by shahid » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:15 pm

H & N Diablo flat head`are the best target pellets.

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:33 pm

An IFG member denzil matthew have brought some gsmith pellets. Just waiting to hear from him his review on these pellets.

Danish