Which Airgun

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Which Airgun

Post by jonahpach » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:18 am

Oh No! Asif, thats very bad news for me. But I was also beginning to think on those lines. What about London? She is at present residing in London and will be getting back there before she comes to india. Also I was thinking what if she sent it by post? From London?
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Which Airgun

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:52 pm

I have been seeing some models at Pyramid and Compasseo and have identified a Walther model that uses both lever and c02 http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.pl?model_id=197 anyone would like to comment on this model?
Don't even think about it. Where are you going to get the CO2 capsules from? These run on two capsules at a time, if I am not mistaken. Not a serious airgun.
Mack The Knife got your email. The Weihrauchs seem good enough. Is there one in stock?
Like I mentioned in the e-mail, the current stock has light rusting on it.

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:54 pm

jonahpach wrote:What about London? She is at present residing in London and will be getting back there before she comes to india. Also I was thinking what if she sent it by post? From London?
No problem in the U.K..

Buy it from www.airgunbuyer.com

The owner of BAR is a friend of mine and I can vouch for them. Forget postage.

Mack The Knife

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:24 pm

Jonah,

Sorry I saw this a little late. If your sister is still in the USA, and if she is in Washington DC, she could go to Virginia and buy an air rifle there in RIchmond or Fairfax. That said, if she is going to fly out of Washington DC she would have a number of headaches taking it out - just check with the airline and talk to them.

Gamo have a special model made for NRA members only which is offered in 177 with a 4x32 scope and a synthetic stock with guaranteed 1000 fps performance as a package for $ 200 including shipping. It is a springer and a break barrel. Naren and I are both NRA members and if she needs our help we could help her order one for you if that is what you want. Just check www.gamousa.com

That said, I have little knowledge of air rifles and the merits/demerits of the model could be learned from Mack The Knife or other experienced members here.

Cheers!

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:34 pm

mehulkamdar wrote:guaranteed 1000 fps performance.
With a pellet of their choice, no doubt.

It's strange how many clueless wonders (not refering to you) fall for this line of advertising.

$200.00 is a fair price though and worth considering. Do you know the model number/name?

Mack The Knife

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:44 am

Mack The Knife,

It is not listed on the website - possibly because this is a special offer for NRA members only. From the American Rifleman ad - NRA 1000 Special Air Rifle with 4x32 Scope. 1000 fps muzzle velocity with Gamo Master Point Pellets with a single cock of the barrel; all weather synthetic stock.

The copy continues that this is from the Gamo Precision Adult Air Rifle Series.

To me it is an interesting option because everything else costs close to $ 700 or so for the air rifle alone. This is a complete package. Too bad it wasn't available before dove season this year.

Mehul

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:27 am

http://www.airgunexpress.com/Accessorie ... -1010+.htm

Not as light a .177" calibre pellet as old cynical me had imagined.

If you could post a pic, I could identify it from that.

Mack The Knife

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:19 pm

I have been seeing some models at Pyramid and Compasseo and have identified a Walther model that uses both lever and c02
I think the powersource is two co2 cylinder instead of multipump lever and co2. means you can have only co2 as the source of power. Its a perfect replica of Winchester Model 94, 633fps is standard velocity in Co2 I think however no idea about grouping and other performance of it :?

-Saptarshi

panks
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

jonah dont worry

Post by panks » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:53 pm

Hi jonah,
why do u worry so much, you can get my Diana 52 and also Diana 350 magnum when i am in india. Dont even try NY, Jersey etc, ur sis will kick you big time for the problems u will land her in.

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:08 pm

Heh Heh Heh
got quite a discussion going on Panks! good advice from so many people and I still have got to make a decision. It looks like I will have to be satisfied with a bowie and a stetson from the USA
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:05 pm

Hey Pankaj,

If you are getting guns from Dubai then why not HW and if i am not wrong Theoben are also available in Dubai. I am sure many people here would be interested in Rapids :)

Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

mehulkamdar

Re: jonah dont worry

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:06 pm

panks wrote: Dont even try NY, Jersey etc, ur sis will kick you big time for the problems u will land her in.
Pankaj,

While New York and New Jersey have problems with guns - actual firearms that is - what are the problems that they have with air rifles? I happen to live in the USA and am more than a little familiar with guns and gun laws here - there are stores like ELmira Arms in New York that would take care of the export of any firearm too, leave air rifles aside for Jonah's sister if she bought one from them.

If, as Jonah says she is going to be in Washington DC, it is but a short drive to Richmond or Fairfax for her to buy whatever she wants. Or, if she could alter her travel plans somewhat, from Baltimore.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:32 pm

kanwar76 wrote: if i am not wrong Theoben are also available in Dubai.
I very much doubt it, Inder.

Mack The Knife

panks
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

hi mehul

Post by panks » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:00 pm

Hi Mehul,
I was reading some articles and checking a few online buyers. None of them accept order "Based on the state law we do NOT and can NOT ship airguns or bb guns to New York City and its boroughs (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, these zip codes are: 100xx-104xx, 110xx, 112xx-114xx, 116xx), the city of Philadelphia, PA and Washington DC."

My Cousin bought a logun s16 and he had a very tough time at MY airport.

many things add to this problem and the biggest one is the "brown skin" India/pakistan.

And i cant even mention the isuue at Delhi airport.

He was not allowed to carry it. he had to leave it in the custody and only got it when he used the "right contacts"

The guys couldnt figure out as to how can be a airgun made like this.
Not their fault, They havent seen such airguns ever.

The easiest way is to get it in parts but then the couriers cost a lot.

panks
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Hi Kanwar

Post by panks » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:09 pm

Hi Kanwar,

HW is available in Dubai, but only 2-3 models. Theo's are not available here. Actually, Dubai has also become very strict on airguns now.

Pistols are not sold to everybody these days and the police has told the dealers not to sell pistol to UAE national "boys". a few cases where the "boys" had pistols with them in public palces and misbehaving

a few cases of shooting domestic cats have also been reported, hence the law is getting tougher

The akes easily available are DIANA, GAMO, BSA, HW, and chinese

A few Daisy's as well.

Very few PCP's, mostly the springers.

Webley FX 2000 PCP is the only one available currently.

There is a exhibition here held every september called the Arab Hunting exhibition and we get to see the most beautiful powder burners .

Last year, MAUSER brought some custom built guns and one was interchangle calibers, Gold engraving and only 6 pieces to be made for customers

Costed US$ 600,00. Now thats a price tag but 2 where bought in Abu Dhabi.