Diana mod. 36

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
sushila81
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Mack The Knife Sir pls Help

Post by sushila81 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:42 pm

Could I get a diana .177 for under Rs. 15,000 new or used?

For Advertising mail webmaster
sushila81
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Diana mod. 36

Post by sushila81 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:57 pm

I asked that poona dealer ( mentioned on Diana website) about Diana air rifle Model 38 and he said import of air guns are now banned, and he can arrange one through a licence of a shooter who is allowed to do so, and then sell it to me for :shock: rs. 32,000/-
is the news correct ? are air guns illegal to import?

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 am

I guess they are perfectly legal to import now. You will find more info on this as you browse the forum.

A 36 model no longer comes here, 35 comes with a safety catch now. Price Dhs. 750 or Rs. 9,375 plus duties if any or carriage cost.

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:26 am

"..I asked that poona dealer ( mentioned on Diana website) about Diana air rifle Model 38 and he said import of air guns are now banned, and he can arrange one through a licence of a shooter who is allowed to do so, and then sell it to me for rs. 32,000/-..."

this sounds like our old friend :roll: G.S.Smith. not surprised that he is trying to establish a monoply. as far as i know, airgun imports are not really banned, just follow the threads on the air gunning section to find out how other members managed to get theirs.

though i'd probably leave out mentioning dianas to a certain Mack The Knife sirji if i were you :wink:
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:30 am

Sushila,

You cannot buy a new Diana for Rs.15,000 in India. An old one may just be possible but the condition would not be good.

Ask Inder. He bought a used Diana for approximately Rs.17,000 but by the time he had finished restoring it, he had spent more on it than he would have on a new one. Whilst there were no labour charges involved, he did buy the very best of parts for the internals.

The import of .177" calibre air-rifles and air-pistols via post or courier is legal since July 2005 and a few of us have already made use of this situation. Please read some of the old threads in the airgun section.

Welcome to IFG.

Mack The Knife

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:34 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="13408 wrote:Sushila,

You cannot buy a new Diana for Rs.15,000 in India. An old one may just be possible but the condition would not be good.

Ask Inder. He bought a used Diana for approximately Rs.17,000 but by the time he had finished restoring it, he had spent more on it than he would have on a new one. Whilst there were no labour charges involved, he did buy the very best of parts for the internals.

The import of .177" calibre air-rifles and air-pistols via post or courier is legal since July 2005 and a few of us have already made use of this situation. Please read some of the old threads in the airgun section.

Welcome to IFG.

Mack The Knife

Yep Sushila,

I don't think you can buy new Diana (any model) in INDIA for INR15000. There are some second hand guns available time to time but I will advise against it if you don't know someone like Mack The Knife to work on it. I spent almost same cost as new gun but I ordered venom parts for it and it shoots sweet than most of new Diana 52's.

Welcome to the forum. Please introduce yourself and spend some time reading old posts. You will gain considerable knowledge regarding import laws and current availability of air guns in INDIA

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

sushila81
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sushila81 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:40 am

First thanks to Shahid Sir. I will need more info from you.

But this q is for Mack The Knife Sir -
"
The import of .177" calibre air-rifles and air-pistols via post or courier is legal since July 2005 and a few of us have already made use of this situation. Please read some of the old threads in the airgun section. "
Could you give the links?

Where can i get genuine knowledge regarding import laws and current availability of air guns in India? links please

Any honest dealer?

And once again Thanks to all for the quick replies and the warm Welcome :)

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:15 am

Where can i get genuine knowledge regarding import laws
Sushila, you would need to look up the DGFT (Director General of Foreign Trade) website.

However, what concerns you can be found here....

http://www.indiansforguns.com/dload.php ... &file_id=1

and here...

http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=441

As for current availability of a Diana you will need to do the rounds of your local gunshops.

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:28 am

Yup them armourers of the Gods...ladies and gentlemen may I introduce Messrs Gunmark makers of Gsmith pellets etc. Enjaaaay.

Dev.
Mack The Knife Bana";p="6666 wrote:
where is this diana dealer in india?
In Poona. Supposedly.

Mack The Knife
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:33 am

Total crap. I have imported two airguns last year through the post or courier. You have to pay 35% duty if it is over twenty grand. So on my twenty grand air rifle I paid Rs 5000 as duty. Just log into a dealer who sells online and use your credit card. Also join a rifle club before you do so.

Regards,

Dev
sushila81";p="13383 wrote: I asked that poona dealer ( mentioned on Diana website) about Diana air rifle Model 38 and he said import of air guns are now banned, and he can arrange one through a licence of a shooter who is allowed to do so, and then sell it to me for :shock: rs. 32,000/-
is the news correct ? are air guns illegal to import?
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:51 am

Dev,

Does this 20k limit include postage? Or is the exemption on the price of the gun alone?

Would be very interested to know, as I am seriously contemplating ordering some "goodies"! :D

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:23 pm

You better take Dev out to the Shamrock Pub...:)
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:48 pm

:lol: Don't think I've tried that one... where is this? NOIDA? BTW, sorry about the other day... got out of the meeting only at 7:30ish :P

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Mack The Knife Sir pls Help

Post by Hunter » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:58 pm

sushila81";p="13381 wrote:Could I get a diana .177 for under Rs. 15,000 new or used?
............ :shock: :shock: :shock:

What class are u in my child sushila!!!!!

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:35 pm

Hunter";p="13609 wrote:
sushila81";p="13381 wrote:Could I get a diana .177 for under Rs. 15,000 new or used?
............ :shock: :shock: :shock:

What class are u in my child sushila!!!!!
I don’t see any trace of adolescence... Seems pretty genuine question to me which can be answered without being sarcastic

Many people don’t know the current situation of gun import and availability. They need to be made aware and educated rather than being mocked about

And yes sometimes you can strike good deals when it comes to second hand guns. I bought my D52 for 17K and there was one D35 was available for 12K.. to buy or not to buy is a different question altogether....

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...