Diana mod. 36

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Diana mod. 36

Post by Hunter » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:41 pm

...Whao...chill out Inder..no need to be so touchy....I was only taking a friendly pot shot at Mack The Knife!...I did not mean to be sarcastic at all...just tickled by the words"Mack The Knife sir " .............

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:25 pm

mundaire";p="13590 wrote:Dev,

Does this 20k limit include postage? Or is the exemption on the price of the gun alone?
Would be very interested to know, as I am seriously contemplating ordering some "goodies"! :D
Cheers!
Abhijeet
Abhijeet,

The exemption limit in question is applicable to articles of personal use which a returning Indian can bring along under Baggage Rules; in person. This was formulated to exempt used articles from customs duty. The limit is Rs. 25000/- for Europe / America and Rs. 12000 for Gulf Countries ( with a little margin of error by me).

Use of courier / post will fall under import and not baggage rules and hence the exemption won't apply. This is the situation under the existing regulations.

To give you and approximate idea , you can expect this scenario in case you import an HW 77 K from BAR :--

......................................................................................................

Price as mentioned in BAR website GBP 269
Less VAT ( 269 is including VAT @17.5%) GBP 40

Cost GBP 229
Insurance GBP 7
Freight GBP 84

CIF Value ( Cost, Insurance & Freight) GBP 320

Customs duty @ 35% on CIF Value GBP 112

Landed Cost ( CIF + Customs duty) GBP 432

In Indian Rupees @ today's exchange rate Rs. 37145/-
of 86 Rs./ GBP

....................................................................................................

The killer is the freight and the proportionate customs duty. You may find out
the postage from US based sites like www.pyramydair.com ( they ship to India if paid through wire transfer). Just select an item, fill up your address etc and complete upto that stage which shows you the postage. If I remember correctly, the postage for an HW AR is appx $ 100.

Hops this is of help to you.
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:05 pm

Hey thanks for the detailed post Sujay! :) Yep! you are right - the freight is a real killer! :P Tried to bypass that by asking a couple of people to do the needful while returning to India... been ditched both times, so now have put things on hold till I can make a trip myself...

Coming back to the duty exemption bit - I think there is some exemption on items ordered by post as well... IIRC Dev did not have to pay any duty on his IZH Biakal air-pistol... so was wondering how postal customs calculated the exemption limit for that....

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:14 pm

Excellent post, Sujay!

Thanks.

Mack The Knife

sushila81
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sushila81 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:45 pm

Kanwar Sir thanks for the understanding

regarding your quote
"
my D52 for 17K and there was one D35 was available for 12K.. to buy or not to buy is a different question altogether.... "

-Inder

Is D35 for 12 k still available?

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:54 pm

Hi Sushila,

Although Inder mentioned that the D35 was a second hand airgun,if its in good condition then the price mentioned is a steal!
I just picked up a diana 35 brand new in .177 cal for 22000 inr in Mumbai.I think it was purchased in Dubai!,where they are still available brand new.

Happy shooting!

Warm regards//Clary

sushila81
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sushila81 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:56 am

Sir regarding your post

"
I just picked up a diana 35 brand new in .177 cal for 22000 inr in Mumbai.I think it was purchased in Dubai!,where they are still available brand new. "

Sir could you please give the address of the dealer and phone no. and/or price of Diana Panther 31

Will be grateful to you for that.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:45 pm

Sujay";p="13616 wrote:
mundaire";p="13590 wrote:Dev,

Does this 20k limit include postage? Or is the exemption on the price of the gun alone?
Would be very interested to know, as I am seriously contemplating ordering some "goodies"! :D
Cheers!
Abhijeet
Abhijeet,

The exemption limit in question is applicable to articles of personal use which a returning Indian can bring along under Baggage Rules; in person. This was formulated to exempt used articles from customs duty. The limit is Rs. 25000/- for Europe / America and Rs. 12000 for Gulf Countries ( with a little margin of error by me).

Use of courier / post will fall under import and not baggage rules and hence the exemption won't apply. This is the situation under the existing regulations.

To give you and approximate idea , you can expect this scenario in case you import an HW 77 K from BAR :--

......................................................................................................

Price as mentioned in BAR website GBP 269
Less VAT ( 269 is including VAT @17.5%) GBP 40

Cost GBP 229
Insurance GBP 7
Freight GBP 84

CIF Value ( Cost, Insurance & Freight) GBP 320

Customs duty @ 35% on CIF Value GBP 112

Landed Cost ( CIF + Customs duty) GBP 432

In Indian Rupees @ today's exchange rate Rs. 37145/-
of 86 Rs./ GBP

....................................................................................................

The killer is the freight and the proportionate customs duty. You may find out
the postage from US based sites like www.pyramydair.com ( they ship to India if paid through wire transfer). Just select an item, fill up your address etc and complete upto that stage which shows you the postage. If I remember correctly, the postage for an HW AR is appx $ 100.

Hops this is of help to you.

I hope no dealer is reading this... :D

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:49 pm

sushila81";p="13638 wrote:Kanwar Sir thanks for the understanding

regarding your quote
"
my D52 for 17K and there was one D35 was available for 12K.. to buy or not to buy is a different question altogether.... "

-Inder

Is D35 for 12 k still available?

Hi Sushila,

I don't know its still available or not. Its been almost 2 years since i talked with the guy who was selling this.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

vivek009
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vivek009 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:31 am

sushila81";p="13665 wrote:Sir regarding your post

"
I just picked up a diana 35 brand new in .177 cal for 22000 inr in Mumbai.I think it was purchased in Dubai!,where they are still available brand new. "

Sir could you please give the address of the dealer and phone no. and/or price of Diana Panther 31

Will be grateful to you for that.
Well Sushila,

If your budget is extendable upto 25k, then I know a dealer in Indore who has a brand new Diana 27 for that price. I saw the gun with him when I went to his shop last - that was in December. He should still have it. Go through the dealers section of this board, find "firearms dealerships - central India". The last dealer mentioned there - "Banduk Bhandar" is the one.

regards
Vivek

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:50 am

Hi Sushila,
I purchased the diana thru a friend who knows this person who brings in these airguns!Will send u a PM with his contact in Mumbai.About the dealer in Dubai,I think u best get in touch with Shahid as he is updated on the scene out there.The last time I was in dubai the dealer Al sayad quoted me DHS 785 for both the Diana 35 and the Panther 31...but maybe you could stike a bargain with him,and lower the price a bit.

Ciao....

sushila81
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sushila81 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:10 pm

Sir, I will be grateful to you for providing your Mumbai contact to me.

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:30 pm

kanwar76";p="13689 wrote: I hope no dealer is reading this... :D

-Inder
You are right Inder. In fact I had the same apprehension after arriving at the final figure. But went ahead as people buying airguns from dealers are very few.
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.