Sneak Preview -The new IHP Compressed Air Pistol

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
jitu sati
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Sneak Preview -The new IHP Compressed Air Pistol

Post by jitu sati » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:14 am

fantumfan point taken. will try out both and decide

For Advertising mail webmaster
AshJay
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by AshJay » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:49 am

Hi,
I'm new to this site, has anybody bought this competition IHP pistol? I wanted to know what your experience was and if there are different model numbers for this as the original post indicated some potential changes to the pistol based on feedback.
Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and this is a great site!

jitu sati
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jitu sati » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:10 am

ya have bought this pistol. it is ok. depends on how serious u r about taking up the sport and how far u wish to go. u could consult hvj and others which pistol would suit u the best
jitu

Nilkanth
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Nilkanth » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:06 am

I am a beginner. Would someone please tell me the niceties of , ease of loading , overall convenience in using [availability & cost of CO2 & Air Cylinder] , cost of using & " accuracy" due to difference in trigger pull between IHP [SPRING,PCP & CO2] Models . Also the diff. in usage [ accuracy & power] betwn .117in[4.5mm] & .22in[5.5mm] .What is the overall length of CO2 & PCP Model [1155 mm as per IHP website] Also I would like to know price & how to order or buy diff. models . I stay in Mumba i. I would be indeed very obliged.

Nilkanth [[email protected]]

jitu sati
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jitu sati » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:57 am

u need to contact Mr Makhija the manager at IHP rifle div.contact Nos are 07925830221 and 09898075543. he will guide u the best about how to order. rest of the tech details u could seek from hvj and others whor more proficient in this sport. i too am a beginner and and am shooting with a IZH Baikal 46M and the IHP PSP.
jitu

Nilkanth
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Nilkanth » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:57 pm

jitu sati wrote:u need to contact Mr Makhija the manager at IHP rifle div.contact Nos are 07925830221 and 09898075543. he will guide u the best about how to order. rest of the tech details u could seek from hvj and others whor more proficient in this sport. i too am a beginner and and am shooting with a IZH Baikal 46M and the IHP PSP.
jitu
Dear Jitu , Thanks a lot for the info.About ease , convenience & accuracy in usage I will definitely seek guidance from hvj & other proficient members.
I saw many models like Crossman ,berreta etc. on the net , but for starters IHP Air pistol should be ideal.

gverma
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by gverma » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi
I am also looking at buying a Co2 pistol or PCP pistol.
I was given a price of 7000 for the co2 pistol and 400 for delivery chanrges by Mr. Makheeja for sending the pistol to delhi.
Extra cilenders cost Rs 700/-

I am yet to find a place to fill Co2 in delhi which is my current roadblock...

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:13 pm

Just a suggestion........why don't you ask Mr. Makheeja if he is aware of any such place in Delhi where you get co2 refills. Jitu, how do you find shooting with the IZH46M. I own one too and have put it up for sale because of the grip size. The Baikal is damn accurate though.

gverma
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by gverma » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:17 pm

I did ask Mr. Makheeja and he told me he is not aware....
Thats the reason why I am asking members in the forum who live in Delhi to give me some inputs a place which is tried and tested. Further as I know nothing about guns or mechanical engineering I will be most useless to make any sort of modifications or use an improvised scheme :(

Nilkanth
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Nilkanth » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:49 pm

gverma wrote:Hi
I am also looking at buying a Co2 pistol or PCP pistol.
I was given a price of 7000 for the co2 pistol and 400 for delivery chanrges by Mr. Makheeja for sending the pistol to delhi.
Extra cilenders cost Rs 700/-

I am yet to find a place to fill Co2 in delhi which is my current roadblock...
hvj would you please advise whether PCP would be better for usage than CO2 b'se of easier availability & less cost of Air Cylinder.Also please advise on ease of trigger pull & hence accuracy for both models[main concern].I reckon cocking for both models should be easy[main advantage].

-- Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:50 am --

Hi !
TopGun Sports has quoted Rs.77,000 for a used Steyr LP 10 Air Pistol (Olympic Standard) with case.
Sounds exorbitant.Can anyone comment & suggest a good alternative.

jitu sati
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jitu sati » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:13 am

hey prabhath the grip of the IZH is a bit odd. but i have now got used to it and am surely improving. i too bought it second hand from dev and he had done some work on the grip. hence probably i have not found the problem so acute
jitu

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:15 am

Nilkanth,

Since you seem to be a beginner, stick to something less complicated. The Steyr LP10 is an awesome pistol. Make sure that you are ready to handle it. It is an excellent airpistol but could pose problems for newbies. If I were you, I would stick to something less complicated. Enrol yourself into a shooting club. Try the airpistols the club has and then take a call. All the best.

Jitu,

Mine is brand new. The grip has not been modified:(. But very happy that the Baikal is one tough thing. Build quality is awesome. Also, which pellets do you use?

Nilkanth
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Nilkanth » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:19 pm

Thanks Prabhath,
would you please advise whether IHP PCP would be better for usage than CO2 b'se of easier availability & less cost of Air Cylinder.Also please advise on ease of trigger pull & hence accuracy for both models[main concern].I reckon cocking for both models should be easy[main advantage].How do they compare with the IHP Springer.
You have given sound advise about joining a shooting club.I am not aware of any Air Pistol shooting Clubs In Mumbai,can anyone advise.

jitu sati
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jitu sati » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:31 am

hey prabath being new to the sport i am sticking to my IZH and am happy. using P-10 for practice. may require something better when i improve.
hey nilkanth, there is a good club on Pochkanwala road in Worli. may like to try. i am a mumbaite myself but presently in jaipur
jitu

Nilkanth
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Nilkanth » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:31 pm

jitu sati wrote:hey prabath being new to the sport i am sticking to my IZH and am happy. using P-10 for practice. may require something better when i improve.
hey nilkanth, there is a good club on Pochkanwala road in Worli. may like to try. i am a mumbaite myself but presently in jaipur
jitu
Thanks Jitu
I stay at Thane , not very close to Worli , [you know as a mumbaite] , but will find out.If I can locate a club near to my residence , nothing like it.
I contacted Mr.Makhija who directed me to the Mumbai dealer listed on their website.
The dealer says IHP , PCP & CO2 Models are not available.
He's asked me to call him next week for a .177 IHP {SPRINGER} National Air Pistol [ Rs 2400 including taxes ]Loading takes lot of effort & trigger pull is hard thereby affecting accuracy.Can somebody advise or help.
He said other Indian Air Pistols are no good.