Sneak Preview -The new IHP Compressed Air Pistol

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Sneak Preview -The new IHP Compressed Air Pistol

Post by Prabhath » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:12 pm

Nilkanth,

Please stay away from the IHP springer pistol. Waste of 2400/-. It's money gone down the drain. I am not a very big fan of the IHP co2 pistol. Tried a couple at a friend's shop. The fit and finish is not worth the money we pay. But this is my thinking. There could be quite a few fans of the IHP co2 pistol too. If I were you, I would wait and try to get myself an imported airpistol.

For Advertising mail webmaster
tirths
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirths » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:04 pm

I agree with Prabhath for imported one. However, I personally found IHP air pistol is much superior than their rifle and I think you can go for it. Secondly, lube tune and change of seal will be mandatory.

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:22 pm

Nilkanth

Let me simplify this whole thing for you.

If you want to shoot 10mtr ISSF competitions,

Go for the best there is like Steyr, Feinwerkebau, Morini, IZH etc.
If you import them prices range from 30000/- to 90000/- give or take a few thousand.

If you are on a budget, the IHP 10mtr Compressed air pistol is more than adequate upto state level competitions. It costs around 10000/- to 12000/-

If you want to do casual shooting called plinking

Import route : Go for any Crosman thats suits your fancy. I have the 1377 and trust me it can shoot one holes. This is my personal recommendation. A Crosman 1377 should easily be under 8000/- to 10000/-. The 1377 costs only USD 50/-

Indian make : Frankly the IHP springer pistol for 2400/- is a waste of money. Don't buy it. With some patience you will get something that will serve you better.

M.

Prabhath wrote:Nilkanth,

Please stay away from the IHP springer pistol. Waste of 2400/-. It's money gone down the drain. I am not a very big fan of the IHP co2 pistol. Tried a couple at a friend's shop. The fit and finish is not worth the money we pay. But this is my thinking. There could be quite a few fans of the IHP co2 pistol too. If I were you, I would wait and try to get myself an imported airpistol.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

Nilkanth
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Nilkanth » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:02 am

Dear prabhat , tirths & fantumfan2003 thanks a ton for your educated & enlightening views.
I am interested in plinking presently.
Where & how can I acquire a crosman 1477C[1-10 pumps].
IHP PCP is presently not available , any suggestions like procedure for ordering from factory ?
I understand members of regd. shooting associations can import.Otherwise I will have to shell out 10000 bucks for a USD 50/ Product ,after sales support pellets[flat head I presume].etc. can that be handled ?.

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:42 am

Nilkanth,

I still stand by what I earlier told you. Best bet.......imported airpistol. Also, Fantumfan has mentioned the Crosman airpistols for general plinking. They are really good. Their customer service is among the best in the world. There might not be an authorised service center of Crosman in Inida but none of the other imported brands also have them. The folks at Crosman will guide you incase of problems and send you spares when required. All you have to do is write to them. Best thing to do would be to wait, put together some funds and go in for an imported airpistol. As far as the pellets go, you will have to procure them locally. Importing them could be tricky. The Gsmith ones that you get out here are decent enough. Keep looking for pellets in the for sale section. They do come up on and off.

karizman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by karizman » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:28 am

Prabhath wrote:Nilkanth,

I still stand by what I earlier told you. Best bet.......imported airpistol. Also, Fantumfan has mentioned the Crosman airpistols for general plinking. They are really good. Their customer service is among the best in the world. There might not be an authorised service center of Crosman in Inida but none of the other imported brands also have them. The folks at Crosman will guide you incase of problems and send you spares when required. All you have to do is write to them. Best thing to do would be to wait, put together some funds and go in for an imported airpistol. As far as the pellets go, you will have to procure them locally. Importing them could be tricky. The Gsmith ones that you get out here are decent enough. Keep looking for pellets in the for sale section. They do come up on and off.
Nilkanth

Go for crosman or similar brand of PCP pistols or IZH Baikal pneumatic ones. PCP's & pneumatics are much stable shooters than Co2 powered. Yes, to import any .177 air pistol or rifle you need to become a member of shooting club but that is very easy & affordable.

As far as after sales maintenance is concerned, you can manage it very easily if you have little technical set up of mind & people like us are always there to help you in difficulties. Just go through my other posts about repairing & customizing air rifles & pistols to get a better idea.

You seem to be staying close to my place & you are always welcome to see & discuss various options available on the market for newcomers & experienced shooters. Just shoot me a pm & we can fix up a meeting.

Nilkanth
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Nilkanth » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:14 pm

Dear Prabhat & Karizman my sincere thanks to you.
I am a mechanical engr. with a technical bent of mind who is willing to learn.
With guys like you to guide & support , I will learn a lot.Long way to go but feel I have made a good beginning.
Thanks again.

jitu sati
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jitu sati » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:28 pm

hey nilkanth nice to see your eagerness to learn
u can follow the thread on tips on pistol shooting by hvj. i am completely following that and the improvement is certainly there.
at the cost of being regional. lavkar kuthli tari changli pistol ghe and start shooting. thats the only way to learn
jitu

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:31 pm

Become a member of your local air rifle club , ideally affiliated to the state / district rifle association and import the Crosman 1377C.
Once you get your membership let me know and I will put you in touch with the right people and places in the US.
Don't worry about after sales service / warranty coz nothing will go wrong with it.
You can use GSmith/Mastershot/Dianashot pellets with it. They all group well with my C1377.
You can try mine if you happen to be in Mumbai. Till then go over this.

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2008/09/ ... art-3.html

M.

Nilkanth wrote:Dear prabhat , tirths & fantumfan2003 thanks a ton for your educated & enlightening views.
I am interested in plinking presently.
Where & how can I acquire a crosman 1477C[1-10 pumps].
IHP PCP is presently not available , any suggestions like procedure for ordering from factory ?
I understand members of regd. shooting associations can import.Otherwise I will have to shell out 10000 bucks for a USD 50/ Product ,after sales support pellets[flat head I presume].etc. can that be handled ?.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

tirths
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirths » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:49 pm

go for IHP air pistol. That's the best airpistol in India. For air gun you will have some choice through.

Nilkanth
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Nilkanth » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:10 am

Hi Shankar,
I am seriously considering ordering the IHP PCP Pistol & have got rates from the factory.
In your post dated July 12 2009 you had said some changes are on the offing & that you are going to check them out.
Could you kindly give me the latest dope on the IHP PCP Pistol , performance etc.
I am a beginner a little detail would be very much appreciated.

ritwikb
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ritwikb » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:22 am

What is the overall weight, length of the barrel and trigger pull of this pistol ?

pullaiah
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by pullaiah » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:00 pm

is any ready to sell second hand IHP Compressed Air pistol or IZH air pistol, please contact me

pullaiah
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by pullaiah » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:01 pm

Shankar wrote:I H P .177/4.5 mm CALIBER PRE-COMPRESSED AIR PISTOL

Here’s a hands on review on the NEW PRE-COMPRESSED AIR PISTOL by National Rifles, a division of IHP.

I had kept a tab on its development with Dr. Shirshat (the brain behind its design) from its inception. After a long wait I finally got the PCP air pistol by courier in a nice little camo bag. It has the serial number 004, and along with was a filling hose and an adaptor, which was pre-tested at the factory.

[ Image ]

Here is an FIR :)
Externally it looks and feels the same as the CO2 pistol, IHP made and marketed; internally, the design and valve is different, robust and heavier. The filling is simple and straight forward done thru the hose and adaptor connected to a bulk fill air cylinder or a Gehmann pump at 150 bar. Be specific as to which type of filling hose you need while ordering as they cater to all sizes in BSP format. The tech guys at the factory said a 100 shots per fill. I got 80 without losing power.
Loading the pellet is by dropping a 4.5mm/.177 pellet in the port and closing the cocking bolt. My air-pistol had a sticky trigger but with a little fiddling on the Allen grub screws, I managed to sort it out and got used to the first/second trigger movement stages.
I feel a lot can be done on the grip that comes at a more comfortable angle than its CO2 predecessor. To start with, I did an over-all stipple job on the highly polished wooden grip with an adjustable shelf. This produced the desired grip on the air-pistol, although surely not comparable with a Nill-griffe or a Morrini.
A test on a beta CRONY showed a decent 484 to 506 fps over 60 shots – used 4.5 mm Match Finale flat head pellets which seemed the best fodder for the barrel. Free hand half inch groups were not at all difficult and once a hand rest was used, the 5-shot groups shrank to one hole of 8 to 10mm size, on a standard 10mt AP target.
The valve sub-assembly design is so critical which is how the good Doc has achieved pressure regulation without a regulator on this pistol. Since there is no muzzle brake or venting on the barrel, the muzzle flip needs getting used to.

[ Image ]
Here is a pic with the pneumatic hose connected to the pistol
[ Image ]

Of the two different hoses shown, the connected hose is for the Gehmann pump or to load from a compressed air cylinder, while the other can be used on a Gehmann pump or a Hill Pump (with suitable adapter).

Considering its price at roughly 11k (complete kit), at one eighth the price of a Lp10 or a Morinni, I would definitely say this is the right choice for beginners and a fun gun for plinking. I hear more improvements in performance on future batches are in line.Overall the air-pistol performed well within given parameters. I shall be testing out the next batch at the KSRA ranges, as a lot of members have lined up to buy this. If any of you folks get to lay your hands on one these air-pistols please share your experience and noted improvements.

...Shankar.
Sir
shall I purchase the Compressed Air Pistol of .177 directly from the factory stores at Ahmedabad by paying cash or DD ?

Sir I wish to purchase one Compressed Air Pistol of .177 with hand pump of 150 bars, but local dealers demanding Rs.30,000/- to 35,000/-/ that is why I wish to purchase it directly from the factory stores. Is it possible sir. kindly reply me sir.
pillaiah at [email protected]

Anurag.sxb
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Anurag.sxb » Sun May 21, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi All,

Recieved National Pistol this week. I did 80 shots with a single full of 90 bars.

Following are the inputs:

1. The cocking is very hard (I don't know if this can be made easier, please suggest if you guys know how to do that...)

2. Trigger is again harder than imported PCPs (suggestions are welcome to improve)

3. Grip is solid and robust

4. Banged on Target with a half inch grouping.

5. Can be used at National level if the cocking and triggering can be adjusted.